Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How do you lock the housing /battery?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Truth2121
Apprentice
Apprentice

How do you lock the battery case/housing after installing the battery?  When I removed the housing for the first time, I had to press the button to remove the housing.  Now I can not get the housing to stay on without falling off.  How do I install the housing so it will click into place?

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Truth2121 wrote:

How do I install the housing so it will click into place?

Mine requires a lot of effort - I need to detach the shell from the mount, and then use press the shell and the camera body together with both hands.  Then reattach the camera to the mount.

Not a great design, I wish it were more easily secured.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Agreed it takes effort however I rarely take the whole camera down. I just use both hands and use my thumbs to press on the camera face to get it to click into place. You could practice this while the camera is off the mount if you wish.

Iskanderia
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had to purchase another expensive Arlo Ultra 2 camera because when I inserted a new charged battery, the whole system changed so that I could not view the videos!  Of course I contacted Tech Support, but after two weeks of dithering, nothing was changed.  They told me they had escalated my case to the upper realms of tech support, but I fear Arlo is too cheap to hire good engineers.  In fact, though there are many complaints the same as mine, Arlo is too greedy to deal with the problem.  A reputable company would have offered me at least a refund for the new camera I had to buy,

and I bet no one from Arlo responds to this message.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Iskanderia wrote:

when I inserted a new charged battery, the whole system changed so that I could not view the videos! 

I don't understand what you mean by this.  Was the camera no longer connected to your account?  Offline?

Are you talking about local storage, or cloud storage?

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Iskanderia wrote:

I had to purchase another expensive Arlo Ultra 2 camera because when I inserted a new charged battery, the whole system changed so that I could not view the videos! 

Does this have anything to do with the very different issue of the battery in the Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight? There's a separate section to talk about those cameras.

Arlo Ultra 2 - Arlo Community

If you are asking about the battery housing, the Arlo Ultra 2 has a very different battery enclose. Much smaller and easier to handle.

I find that the Ultra housing sometimes refuses to pop out when I press the release button. To help with this, every time I open one of these things I put the release spring through it paces by pressing it again a firm surface a few times.

Then again, it is anybody's guess as to what you mean by " the whole system changed" and what you did to troubleshoot it.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation