Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Grant Access Functionality

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Matt-Aus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I'm having trouble understanding how the Grant Access function actually works.  I have successfully invited my sister to access my Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera, she has accepted the invitation and created her own account, but the process then directs her to "add a device" prompting the steps required as if she were physically present at the site where the device is installed (she's in another country).

The only way we can get this to work at the moment is by me giving her both my user name and password, and she then logs in as me - which defeats the purpose of granting access in the first place.  It's annoying as there can only be one person logged in at a time, so when she logs in, I get automatically logged out.

I'm sure this is not how it is supposed to work, and I must be missing something in how this functionality actually works.

Thanks in advance.

Matt.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

First check your account, and make sure the invitation status is accepted, and not pending.

Also, see if your app shows "Library" as an option at the bottom.  Or if it shows "Feed" and "Dashboard" instead.

Matt-Aus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply.  The invitation has been accepted.  The app (when signed in under the new account created by the person granted access) shows  "Feed" and "Dashboard".  My app shows the usual options across the bottom, including "Devices, Library", etc.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Matt-Aus wrote:

Thanks for your reply.  The invitation has been accepted.  The app (when signed in under the new account created by the person granted access) shows  "Feed" and "Dashboard".  My app shows the usual options across the bottom, including "Devices, Library", etc.

Then to complete the process you'll need to migrate your account to "Feed".   Note that once migrated, you will be unable to migrate back.  It does work somewhat differently (and has some limitations, especially if you use custom modes).

You can migrate by going into "add device" in your account, and start to add a Pro 5s camera.  While that can't be completed (since you don't have one), the process will migrate your account to "Feed".

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation