Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
melaniejmccann
Aspirant
Aspirant
Please help! I've set up my Floodlight without an Arlo Smart subscription and it is detecting motion and sending almost instant notifications, but the floodlight isn't activating. I've checked the rule in 'mode' which is correct and the light test worked well.

The most confusing part about this is I had initially set this up with the free Arlo Smart trial this morning and the light was working fine. But I was getting a big delay on notifications, so decided to cancel the subscription to see if the person detection feature was slowing it down (which it clearly was). But now the floodlight isn't working.

I should also add that I've unpaired and repaired the device several times, removed the battery for a few minutes before replacing it, and tested the manual floodlight activation which also worked fine.

Any help would be much appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those experiencing this issue, take a look a the troubleshooting listed in the follow article: https://kb.arlo.com/000062731/What-to-do-if-the-Arlo-Pro-3-Floodlight-will-not-turn-on-when-motion-i... 

JamesC

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you've already done what I would suggest, use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

melaniejmccann
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok will do - thanks.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@melaniejmccann wrote:
I've checked the rule in 'mode' which is correct and the light test worked well.

Without seeing the rule, we have to take your word for it, but remember that with the Floodlight you have to trigger you have to set it to turn on the light as well as the camera.

Floodlight control rulesFloodlight control rules

And, of course, the light won't work during the day.

This is a feature that people have requested for the Ultra and Pro 3 cameras, where you have no control over the light.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
melaniejmccann
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for your reply. I spoke to Support yesterday who tried to fix the issue but recognized there was a problem. They've raised a case so hopefully someone gets back to me soon.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

melaniejmccann,

Are you testing this at night or during the day? Depending on the amount of light in the environment, this could be the reason the floodlight is not engaging. Take a look here for more information:

What is the Dusk to Dawn sensor setting on my Arlo Security Light?

JamesC

melaniejmccann
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks JamesC I have tested both during the day with the dusk to dawn setting at max light and at night.
Appreciate your reply.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

melaniejmccann,

Okay thanks for checking. Please let me know the results of your support ticket and if you need any further assistance.

JamesC

melaniejmccann
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James. So I never got that call back about my case. But then the floodlight randomly started working. And the notifications were instant. I was happy. However a few days later the delay started again and I realised Arlo Smart had been reactivated - even though I'd cancelled my subscription (purposely to avoid the notification delay). Obviously had been done in the back end. And now my notifications have totally stopped happening.

Can you help? I'm tempted to take the device back to the store for a refund.

Many thanks
Melanie
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

melaniejmccann,

If you successfully cancel Arlo Smart. It should not automatically reactivate. What process did you use to cancel? Have you tried again?

JamesC

melaniejmccann
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks James - I followed the instructions here - https://kb.arlo.com/1215141/How-do-I-change-or-cancel-my-Arlo-subscription-plan and successfully cancelled it. It evidently went through because from that point videos were no longer recorded. And now my recordings only go back as far as June 10 - when it automatically reactivated.

Thanks
Melanie
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

melaniejmccann,

Have you tried this again?

JamesC

melaniejmccann
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James
No I haven't. I don't really think I should. I now have so many questions - how my subscription could reactivate without my consent and why no one has called me and why I'm now getting no notifications at all.
I really appreciate your help but I'm at a loss at what to do at this point. Ugh.
Thanks for your help.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

melaniejmccann,

I've opened a new support ticket for the issue you're experiencing and have escalated that ticket to the support team. An agent wlll reach out to you to gather more information shortly.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those experiencing this issue, take a look a the troubleshooting listed in the follow article: https://kb.arlo.com/000062731/What-to-do-if-the-Arlo-Pro-3-Floodlight-will-not-turn-on-when-motion-i... 

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation