Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Floodlight detects motion but doesn't record

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Hankct9
Star
Star

Floodlight detects motion, light comes on, and sends an alert to my phone but it doesn't record video.

It's been working fine, then it wasn't.

I tried deleting the zones but that didn't work.

Any ideas?

Thanks  

Hank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight requires an Arlo Smart subscription for recordings to be saved to the library. Your floodlight comes with a 3 month free trial to Arlo Smart that ativates automatically upon installation. After the trial expires, to continue enjoying the benefits of Arlo Smart, you must select a subscription plan: What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud recording is available?

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
arlocvs
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue. My arlo floodlight was recording, then recently it stopped. It detects motion and sends the alert but there is no recording in the library. I am using local recording, not sure if that makes a difference. It was fine previously.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight requires an Arlo Smart subscription for recordings to be saved to the library. Your floodlight comes with a 3 month free trial to Arlo Smart that ativates automatically upon installation. After the trial expires, to continue enjoying the benefits of Arlo Smart, you must select a subscription plan: What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud recording is available?

JamesC

Hankct9
Star
Star

Thank you for the reply.  I now have a subscription and everything is working.

I know this isn't your doing, but when I bought the floodlight I don't recall it saying I would have to buy a subscription after 3 months.  It came with 3 month trial, but I thought that was just to show me benefits and if I didn't subscribe then my videos wouldn't be saved for 30 days.  Had I known I would not have bought it!!!  What a rip-off!!

I'm pretty sure there's more people who feel the same way.

But anyway thanks for heads up.

Hank

Hankct9
Star
Star
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation