Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
XJohnson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why is the Arlo XL rechargeable battery for the Arlo 3 Floodlight sold with the base housing unit and not sold separately?

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@XJohnson wrote:

Why is the Arlo XL rechargeable battery for the Arlo 3 Floodlight sold with the base housing unit and not sold separately?

Of course there are people who want to upgrade their Pro 3/Pro 4/Ultra cameras to use the larger XL battery - and they need the larger housing.

I suspect Arlo came to the the conclusion that selling the housing separately would add distribution costs and complicate their supply chain.  Maybe now that the Go 2 is out (which uses the same battery) they might reconsider.

XJohnson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still doesn't address the issue. I want extra batteries and a separate charging unit so I can recharge batteries for the Floodlight camera without having to detach it from the housing unit. I have been unable to contact Arlo directly to see if you can purchase just the battery and a charging unit. Is there a number for customer service?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@XJohnson wrote:

Still doesn't address the issue. I want extra batteries and a separate charging unit so I can recharge batteries for the Floodlight camera without having to detach it from the housing unit. 

Of course you can purchase both now from Arlo.  But at the moment, you end up also getting a housing you don't need, but could recycle. 

There are third party bundles you can purchase that have an third party battery+charger.  I've never gotten a third party battery for my Arlo cameras, so I have no experience with that.  Some folks posting here have reported some issues with them.

Note I don't work for Arlo.

@XJohnson wrote:

Is there a number for customer service?

Support options are in the app.  But I don't think that will help - they can only point you to here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/accessories?prefn1=refinementType&prefv1=Batteries

XJohnson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for feedback

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation