Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Flood light takes forever to connect

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Wgram26
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is getting worst and worst I have great internet connection I own the ring I have never had a connection issues since I’ve had the Arlo pro flood light not a day goes by that I can’t connect to the camara or that it says offline honestly worst product ever ! $250 down the trash !
6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This sounds like a signal strength/quality issue. Move the camera closer to your hub or router to see if this still happens. If not, it's the location you've chosen for mounting. There's any number of things that can cause this (house construction, things on/in walls, other 2.4GHz wireless interference, etc.) so testing is needed to pick an appropriate spot while still getting the view you need.

lexified
Aspirant
Aspirant
I purchased an Arlo Pro 3 floodlight last week and I really like it but I also have this connection issue. I am using Google nest Wi-Fi with a 1000/50mbps connection. I thought the problem may be caused by the camera being too far away from the router so I purchased an additional nest mesh unit and placed it within 5 mm of the camera but it seems that I just wasted my money on an additional nest unit because the connection speed is no faster than before. is this how it's supposed to be?
Wgram26
Aspirant
Aspirant
From other threads I think it’s just the arlo software as I said I have no issues with the ring ! They try to say it’s the internet but weird how everything else works but the arlo
gs_7
Initiate
Initiate

This is Arlo's way of forcing a subscription on you.  I bought this with the information that I can still live stream when I needed and still use a few things like getting a notice when the motion is triggered.  Now its a glorified motion sensing light.  I know my internet is strong and one thing I noticed is I can turn the light on/off quickly but the image on the camera is not live.  The wifi bars in the app is showing 4 bars so I know I'm connected. If it alerts you to a motion detected there's no way to see any video.   The only thing I see in my library is add a subscription to get all the things you were used to in the trial including basic live video. I believe your wifi is fast. Mine is and it still goes in circles with trying to bring up a live image now.

If I could return this product I will.  I will never purchase any arlo products after this.  Since I am slowly adding to my homekit, I know there are more cameras out there that work and allow me to keep my video info secure without an added hub.

These are the costly lessons I'm learning but it's educating me on what my next purchase should be and confirm the support behind it.

Presley
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got mine at Lowe's and I think I'll be returning it. Having to pay to use it with all features is a non-starter for me. I thought I was losing the hub and gaining a fast WiFi camera. Guess not. No HomeKit without the hub is probably reason enough for me to return it and move on to another solution.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@gs_7 wrote:

This is Arlo's way of forcing a subscription on you.

This has nothing to do with a subscription. The connection of the camera to a base or your WiFi remains the same, regardless of subscription.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation