Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary

My current firmware is 1.070.19.3_26_39e29104. on my Arlo Pro 3 Camera/floodlight. Does anyone know if this is the latest or is it old?

Have a Blessed Day-

KR

16 REPLIES 16
dcfox1
Master
Master

You can check the Firmware Release Notes here in the forum to see the latest. 

kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary
I’m sorry Dcfox1 I can’t seem to find it for my device
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager
kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary
Hey James- I’m not sure what those firmware updates did but looks like they need to make another updated firmware for this camera- way to many other issues. Same problems from many Arlo customers- I am just trying to find a few positive comments for Arlo Products
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kr67mustang wrote:
 but looks like they need to make another updated firmware for this camera

They update firmware (and Arlo Cloud) all the time - though I agree there are plenty of issues that still need to be fixed.

What specific problems are you having with the floodlight? 

kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary

Hey Stephen-

thanks for your response. One of the many issues I am having with my FD1001 is that at night once the light is triggered by motion and or audio the light stays on and will not turn off which drains the battery every night. I have read many of the same complaints from last year with this same item on this community boar.  I bought this and the solar panel from Best Buy about 6 months ago. The solar panel so I would not have to charge the battery but I need to charge everyday anyway. I have never been so frustrated with a product as I am with Arlo products and I see oh so many other Arlo Customers just as if not more so-

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kr67mustang wrote:

One of the many issues I am having with my FB1001 is that at night once the light is triggered by motion and or audio the light stays on and will not turn off 

That's not something I've ever seen with mine.  Have you tried contacting support on that one?

kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary
Stephen- I have contacted support many times with no resolve-
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is investigating reports of this issue but I do not have any new information at this time. I will provide an update in the relevant community threads on this topic once we know more.

JamesC

kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary
Hey James, you said that you will provide updates concerning my issues from the Development Team in “the relevant community thread”. What thread is that so I can hopefully resolve this problem soon
kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary

Hey James any reply back from your team concerning this and draining battery issue with Solar Panel?

dcfox1
Master
Master

Give it more then one business day for him to respond back with an update. 

michaeljf69
Star
Star

I'm also keen to find out if there is an imminent firmware release.

Still having problems with even the slightest movement (fog, rain, small insects) or light anywhere in frame triggering recording at night when running on ac.

I've even recorded my neighbours turning on their front porch light ( which is barely visible in the very top right of frame) multiple times to confirm they can trigger my floodlight.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@michaeljf69 wrote:

Still having problems with even the slightest movement (fog, rain, small insects) or light anywhere in frame triggering recording at night when running on ac.

I've even recorded my neighbours turning on their front porch light ( which is barely visible in the very top right of frame) multiple times to confirm they can trigger my floodlight.

What have you tried to resolve this?  Activity zones?  Reducing the motion detection threshold?

If the problem porch light is at the very edge of the frame, you might try shifting the camera a bit.

michaeljf69
Star
Star
I've tried everything from activity zones and setting the sensitivity to zero percent.

The ultra camera I had in the same position never had this problem but as it overlooks cars in a driveway I wanted a floodlight.

This is a repeatable and consistent product flaw and has nothing to do user operation or error. I'm pretty much ready to return it and put an Ultra back there.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@michaeljf69 wrote:
I've tried everything from activity zones and setting the sensitivity to zero percent.

Sensitivity at 0 should definitely resolve it.  Did you set this in the mode, or the motion detection test?  The motion detection test doesn't actually change the threshold in use, it's just a test.

@michaeljf69 wrote:
This is a repeatable and consistent product flaw and has nothing to do user operation or error. 

All I can say on this is that I'm not seeing excessive false triggers on my own Pro3 floodlight.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation