Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Deactivating the floodlight

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JCannon10160
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I just purchased the Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera (the one with the LED wings).  I live in a very secluded neighborhood and the light lights up the neighborhood when ever a car passes by and I really don't what it to come on.  Is there a way to deactivate the floodlight.  I have checked settings>light settings>, and all that does is let me dim the brightness.  I've checked settings> video settings>night vision.  only thing there is a switch to turn on/off night vision.  Power management settings nothing.  Getting tired of this. 

JCannon10160_0-1695270504271.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JCannon10160
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB @jguerdat Thank you.  I found the switch for the floodlight de/activation in the mode>floodlight (wifi)>armed>edit mode (rules) (if motion on floodlight)>floodlight (on/off checkbox) Again thank you

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

2 things to do:

1) Rotate the camera so the camera doesn't see the road.

https://kb.arlo.com/37/Arlo-Camera-Placement-Tips

2) Reduce the motion sensitivity in your modes and rules. I'm assuming you use Feed to view videos, not Library. If this is the case it may be easier to go to the camera settings and choose Default Mode Settings.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062777/About-Arlo-Routines-Modes-Rules-and-Automations

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JCannon10160 wrote:

Is there a way to deactivate the floodlight.  

There is.  If you are see "Feed" and "Dashboard" in your app (instead of "Library"), then go into the mode are you using at night, and look at the camera rule for the floodlight.  There is a setting there that says "turn light on".  Turn that setting off.

I believe that is also applicable to "Library", but I am no longer running that, so can't check.

JCannon10160
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB @jguerdat Thank you.  I found the switch for the floodlight de/activation in the mode>floodlight (wifi)>armed>edit mode (rules) (if motion on floodlight)>floodlight (on/off checkbox) Again thank you

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation