Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
RedDogRecords
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have a mix of Arlo Pro and Arlo Pro 2 cameras. We are looking to get a Arlo Pro 3 floodlight - can we use all of these cameras with a business subscription? I'm OK if they will only cloud record in 1080p. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RedDogRecords,

You can add an Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight to a business plan allowing cloud storage (up to 1080p). This plan does not include Arlo Smart or recording in higher resolutions than 1080p, for more information, take a look at the link provided here by jguerdat.

JamesC

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Business subscription? I see no mention of that here:

Arlo subscription plans and cloud recording

With Arlo Pro 2, you get seven days' free cloud storage.  After the trial period, the floodlight needs a subscription for cloud storage. (You can also use local storage.)

Subscriptions don't discriminate between devices. You can add whichever cameras you like to a subscription. If you have a subscription for Pro and/or Pro 2 you can add the Floodlight. The above link explains what you get for your money.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can see the business plans in your subscription settings. There's a choice between personal and business. I see Advanced, Professional and Enterprise which vary in the number of cameras and days of recordings kept. I don't see anything about resolution. Thus, it would seem that the floodlight can be added within the subscription although resolution might be capped at 1080p. Maybe @JamesC can jump in with details after the long weekend.

RedDogRecords
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks @michaelkenward , the reason I was asking is because I didn't see any resolutions specified in the business plans. At this point most of our cameras are 1080p, but a few of them are either 2K or 4K. 

Before choosing the business plan, I wanted to make sure it would allow cloud recordings of ALL of my cameras, AND what would happen to 2K and 4K recordings when uploaded to the cloud (convert to 1080p, etc).

RedDogRecords
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks @jguerdat, that is exactly my question. 

Can I add 2K and 4K cameras to the business subscription and if yes, what happens to the higher resolution recordings on the cloud?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A quick Google of "arlo business plans" gave me an interesting link:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/arlo-for-business/default.aspx

Otherwise, talking to support would be your best bet - we're typically just home users here.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RedDogRecords,

You can add an Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight to a business plan allowing cloud storage (up to 1080p). This plan does not include Arlo Smart or recording in higher resolutions than 1080p, for more information, take a look at the link provided here by jguerdat.

JamesC

RedDogRecords
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks @JamesC .

I had already seen the information on business plans, but they only mention the Arlo Pro, Arlo Q plus, and Arlo Go cameras. I needed to get a solid answer before setting up a new subscription. Thanks for providing the answer. 

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation