Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can’t reconnect

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Daniel123
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can’t reconnect camera.
Said it was offline so I tried to reconnect went though the protocol heard the chime but it’s not finding the camera on my phone. It scans for ages but says I need to sync it.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Daniel123
Aspirant
Aspirant
Didn’t work.

But what did was factory reset by holding the sync bottom for more than 15secs. And then reconnect.

Thanks for your input.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and try again.

Daniel123
Aspirant
Aspirant
Didn’t work.

But what did was factory reset by holding the sync bottom for more than 15secs. And then reconnect.

Thanks for your input.
Bjanderson70
Aspirant
Aspirant

My essential spotlight went offline. To remedy, I brought the camera in (feet feet from base-station) remove device via iphone App, then attempted to Add Device. All the camera does in flash the amber light. So, I did a hard reset (~15) on the camera, then attempt to add device and sync to no avail. It goes blue a couple seconds, then flashes amber. Next, I attempted to connect to the router instead, I can't get it to read the Bar Code on back.

Stuck! I cannot send back as it was in use, for about 3 months. These cameras should work better than this.; especially, after a hard reset. ARLO/NetGear needs to provide better firmware than what is being exhibited now. I won't be long as a customer nor recommending this product. One may question how well these products are tested!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I agree that the small QR code is a problem. You can try moving the phone closer and further away to finally get it to read (I've had to do this multiple times when trying to connect) and/or carefully take a picture of it so the code is in focus and expand it on another device or print it out so it can be more easily read.

Bjanderson70
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, That would be a possibility. Given that images ( especially, outdoor cameras) are likely to fade, when I move cameras or move out of my home and take the cameras, those QR codes maybe useless, unless I keep an archive picture.

Who ever thought that this was the approach, did not put much thought into it! Maybe, if it can attach to the router I specify, and CALL HOME (some Virt. IP[VIP] ), or the base-station (if not using the router), to determine the camera type (as it has the serial #), et. al. , that would save me (and others) the inevitable frustration of taking a large picture or orienting my iphone to scan a QR code that may or may not be readable. We can be smarter that this!

I realize the above is a frustration release, but, IMHO, that is a poor design. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation