Arlo pro 3 floodlight

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Angela706
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have put a new battery in the camera floodlight and I put it back in the mount and it works for 5 mins at the most and it cuts off saying battery is dead too low to operate and that’s my second battery put in . Any suggestions on what’s wrong?

17 REPLIES 17
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Angela706 wrote:

I have put a new battery in the camera floodlight and I put it back in the mount and it works for 5 mins at the most and it cuts off saying battery is dead too low to operate and that’s my second battery put in . Any suggestions on what’s wrong?

Well, it could be a

• camera failure
  • charger problem
  • two failed batteries (unlikely)

What are you using to charge the batteries?

Angela706
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m using the plug/ cable it came with to charge it 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Angela706 wrote:

I’m using the plug/ cable it came with to charge it 

Is the cable using the magnetic connector on the outside of the housing?

If it is, try using a microUSB cable (connecting to the same charger).  Open the housing of the camera, you will see the microUSB port inside.  Let it charge for some hours - you should see a solid blue LED on the camera face when the battery is fully charged.

Angela706
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m using the microusb to charge it till blue led is lit up and then putting it back outside. It’s only lasting like maybe 5 minutes if that before it cuts off saying battery is too low. All suggestions appreciated and thanks for those u did .

Angela706
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still isn’t working, still says battery dead when it’s 100% . Anyone have other suggestions would be appreciated 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Angela706 wrote:

Still isn’t working, still says battery dead when it’s 100% . Anyone have other suggestions would be appreciated 

Obviously something is wrong - no way to tell whether it is with the camera or the battery.

Is the floodlight still under warranty?

Angela706
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is out of warranty 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Angela706 please reach out to support for further assistance. Click on the silhouette on the top ~ Support Center ~ Contact Support ~ it will ask you questions regarding what you are needing support for and then support will reach out to you. 

Angela706
Aspirant
Aspirant

I reached out to support but it came down too I don’t pay for support option so I guess I’ll keep trying 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You have a subscription on your account. So you should already be able to reach out to support. 

Angela706
Aspirant
Aspirant

That’s not what they said I’d have to pay extra for support option and yep out of warranty but would be nice to have a k5 pro floodlight like the other ones, don’t think the floodlights have been updated in awhile, may look else where for a floodlight camera. Thanks for all the help given. 

Angela706
Aspirant
Aspirant

That should be 5s pro sorry type o

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you reaching out to support through the app on your phone?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Angela706 wrote:

That’s not what they said I’d have to pay extra for support option

It sounds like you reached a scam support site.  That often happens when people google for a phone number.

That is why @BrookeN wants to know if you used the support center in the app (or not).

Angela706
Aspirant
Aspirant

I went through their website the app isn’t helpful to get to support 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Angela706 wrote:

the app isn’t helpful to get to support 

Actually it is the way you are supposed to use.

If you see "Library" in your app, check this out:

If you see "Feed" instead, then check this out:

@Angela706 wrote:

I went through their website

https://my.arlo.com ?

Angela706
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ll try going through what u sent me 

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 0 Likes