Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Mattjbrett
Guide
Guide

I am receiving double notifications from my camera.

I have the latest app 2.23 on iPhone

I have the latest firmware on camera

I have restarted the camera

I have rebooted my phone

I have removed app and reinstalled

It maybe because I have recently updated to iOS 14.4, but the issue is still persisting.

I am getting this on both my my iPhone and iPad?

Is this a common issue or just locally to my phone and iPad?

this only started 05/02/2021 since I updated my iOS device firmware software

135 REPLIES 135
Mugsmt
Star
Star
Same here...as of today I’m still getting two notifications however only one emits an audible tone...better but arlo still has work to do...
HiltonNy57
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same thing is happening for me. So annoying! Hope it’s fixed soon.
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Mugsmt wrote:
Same here...as of today I’m still getting two notifications however only one emits an audible tone...better but arlo still has work to do...

Noticed the same here only one chime. I don't really mind about the second notification popping up since no chime and right away. Unless your phone is right in front of you wouldn't even notice it. 

CMarshall85
Aspirant
Aspirant
How did you disable all smart notifications? As others have mentioned, at least one must remain toggled on.
Mattjbrett
Guide
Guide

To removing camera from smart notifications go to:-

>Arlo app

>settings

>Smart notifications

>edit in top right corner

> move camera to inactive area

This resulted in giving one notification per movement, but no thumbnail at all, just a text notification

kamranbaig
Aspirant
Aspirant

A week ago, I have been told that update is available which I installed straight-away. I don't know if someone notices that Arlo app is still sending two notification, First notification with Beeps and second one without Beep?

Arlo again sent me a message that they are going to release new Version 3.1 end of this month to solve this problem. I don't know how many updates we have to wait (can't return this rubbish system).

I am having another issue with this system, camera's are saving more clips into local storage rather than Arlo Cloud. I have done much trouble shooting with Arlo (over the phone) but nothing work. My Activity Zone in within my house boundary. Today, Arlo advised me:

Could you shrink your activity zone further, so that it covers only inner wall and your ground tiles? I think it might be related to irregular shape and the fish-eye effect.

Activity Zone doesn't work either. What a shame Arlo?

dcfox1
Master
Master

@kamranbaig Even if recordings are discarded by the server as irrelevant they will still store on the Hub so there will be more on the hub then the cloud. Even with Smart everything is recorded and sent to the server to process. 

kamranbaig
Aspirant
Aspirant

Worst thing is, while camera's are recording to local storage if some will come into Activity Zone, camera's don't send any notifications (busy recording recent activity). In other words, we are not going to know if someone is at our property (no notification).

Funny thing is, Arlo told me to reduce recording time as less as possible (Ahh can't record for milliseconds clips).

TheWatcherII
Aspirant
Aspirant
Double notifications for several weeks. I don't believe this is an iPhone issue, I have a Google Pixel same problem.
fenton11
Guide
Guide
Now I’m getting 5 minute recordings being uploaded to the cloud on top of the double notifications. It’s gonna kill my battery. Ugh
romia
Tutor
Tutor
Thai is bang on.
I have Pixel XL with latest Android 10 tried remove backup method with uninstall n installed app. It's not working

It will show notification with alert sound.
If I swipe it off, it will show the same notification with alert sound. (This is the double notification)
If I leave the notification untouched, it will just be one notification with sound.

I notice if I look at the thumbnails notification first hand when the alarm show, after less then 2 sec I can see the notification disappeared for less than 1 sec n re appear again.

Come on arlo U can do this.
Edwin7700
Tutor
Tutor

I Googled this issue and found this thread. I am having the exact same issues on iPhone and it started before version 3.0. It is even more annoying on the Apple Watch because the first alert comes in and it is dismissed but then the same alert comes in 3 to 4 times right after. I cant even use the watch when this is happening. 

I can confirm it is happening on the Ultra 2 with Smart Notifications. I turn off Smart Notifications and I only get 1 notification per motion but that defeats the purpose of having a PAID subscription. 

If I could, I would have local recording only and NOTHING to do with the cloud server/recording, it is the main cause for tons of issues, lag, and audio issues with compression. I have the subscription ONLY to have the thumbnail preview on my watch/phone so I don't have to load recordings to see what the motion was. Very frustrating. Such an expensive plan with so many shortcomings, especially for the Ultra 2 system. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is investigating these reports. As soon as we have more information, I will provide an update.

JamesC

Mugsmt
Star
Star
I was just advised by arlo support that app version 3.1 with bug fixes is being prepared for release. No eta was given. We’ll see if it takes care of the duplicate notification issues being experienced by one and all...not holding my breath...
kamranbaig
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have raised couple of cases regarding problems mentioned in this whole correspondence. Arlo representative told about another option CVR (£12 per months for each camera).

As a proof, I've asked Arlo to provide me Email address to raise a complaint. But every-time, I have been told that Arlo is going to escalate the case further (equivalent to complaint) and never gave me any proof of complaints.

Please don't trust on Arlo or buy any Arlo product.

dcfox1
Master
Master

I updated the app to 3.0.1 a bit a go and no double notifications. . Cant say for sure but it may have been a cloud fix since I believe it stopped earlier in the day but can't say for sure as I don't pay much attention to double notifications. 

fenton11
Guide
Guide
I updated my app and I still see two notifications
dcfox1
Master
Master

I just tested and at least on IOS just one notification and all cams on Smart. Not sure why its still going on for you or some. Hope I didn't jinx myself but it's not a big deal for me since the twice alert sounding stopped earlier. 

rwxrwx
Apprentice
Apprentice
I updated and still get 2 notifications on my iPhone
Edwin7700
Tutor
Tutor

I updated to 3.0.1 (1989) on iOS 14.4.1.

Still getting multiple notifications for single motions with smart enabled. 

My Apple Watch becomes unusable because the notification pops up, goes away, and does that like 3 or 4 times, very frustrating. 

Simonroberte
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I have now updated app to 3.0.1 on ios 14.4.1 and still seem to be getting double alerts. The first is an audible smart alert that designates the type e.g. "person", the second is non-audible. 

So still not sorted.

romia
Tutor
Tutor
I just downloaded "supposedly" the fix. 3.1_28345 firmware and the double notification still exist....

But they made arlo app to match your system theme. So it's all black now for me.

Stop applying make up and start fix your inner beauty arlo.
kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary

same problem here. I have never had a product with so many issues.

Heyroger
Tutor
Tutor
Agreed. I’m still having this issue, albeit different to how it originally was for me.

I used to get 2 push notifications. On the phone, the second would override the first ... like an update I guess. It would result in 2 sets of dings and vibrations.

I now am only getting 1 lot of push notifications which was the most annoying part of the issue. However the app is still showing 2 notification badges per motion. So when I look at my phone, the number in the badge is twice as many as is actually in the library. This makes me check every time in case I’ve missed some movement I wasn’t aware of.

Please fix this already.
fenton11
Guide
Guide
I noticed the second notification comes in after the recording of the motion ends.
Discussion stats