Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro3 floodlight charging issue

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
gayimagis37
Follower
Follower

Hi, not sure if this question's asked before, I did some researches on it but couldn't really find out an answer. So, bear with me, thanks.

So, I purchased the Arlo Ultra & Pro3 25ft outdoor magnetic charging cable (VMA5600C) to keep my recently purchased Pro 3 Floodlight charged at all times while maintaining full functionality. AT least, that's the goal. However, after trying so hard to set up yesterday (even got an electrician to drill outside wall for the camera to allow the charging cable going all the way inside), it's not working. It says "A charging fault has been detected. Unplug and reconnect the charger from the camera side of the plug. If this error message persists, see KB article for Charing Faults." I did that, also tried pulling out battery before putting it back in, nothing worked.

Any clues on what possibly went wrong, and knows how to fix it? Thank you so much in advance!!

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A few things to try and consider:

- Wipe the contacts on both the cable and camera carefully and completely to see if it's just a connection problem.

- Remove the battery and try just AC power to see if that works.

- Try using the indoor charger and cable to see if that works.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation