Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
petermooij
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there,

I have a Arlo VMB5000 basestation, an Arlo doorbell, an Arlo Essential cam and an Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight. All camera's are connected to the base station, and all recordings are stored locally on the base station.

This worked fine.

Three days ago something strange happened. The videos made with the doorbell and essential camera are still working fine, but the movies made with floodlight don't have any visuals, so only audio. The lenght is correct, and the soundis clearly visible.Live view is working fine, so clear visuals and sounds.

Apparantly, for this camera only the sounds is recorded / only the sound can be played back. This worked fine in the past, and it changed suddenly (so, not after charging or so).

Powercycle on the camera and on the VMB5000 does not solve the issue. I could remove the floodlight from the app and reconnect it, but as this was not so easy last time I hope there are other solutions.

Any help will be appreciated.

Peter

8 REPLIES 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@petermooij 

It looks like you have tried a few TS steps already. Have you tried removing the camera from the rules and re-adding it?

petermooij
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just did this, but this did not work out.

So, in my library I see the movies that are recorded, but I can only hear the sound when I play the movie back. The two other cams are working fine, and so is the live view on all cameras.

To make things even more unclear, when I export the movies from the arlo app I was able to watch some of them in my standard google photo's app (with sound and images), but for some others I get the message: 'this movie cannot be played' (or something similiar). That would it make a play back issue more than a recording one, but I'm still puzzled.

I guess the next step will be to remove the camera and re-install it?

Thanks,
Peter

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@petermooij wrote:

but for some others I get the message: 'this movie cannot be played' (or something similiar). That would it make a play back issue more than a recording one, 

Actually not.  It sounds like the stream from the camera is being corrupted (or possibly the encoding hardware has failed).  

The next step would be to try a hardware reset on the camera

• remove it from the account
  • open the housing and press sync until the LED flashes amber (about 15 seconds)
  • add it back to the account.
petermooij
Aspirant
Aspirant

I removed the camera, resetted it, and added it back to the account.

However, in the ARLO app I still cannot play the movies recored. On the upside, I can export the movies, and watch them in another app (like Google photos).

So, not really solved yet.

I just unticked the box 'record in higest quality' in the Arlo app, maybe this solves the issue

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@petermooij wrote:

However, in the ARLO app I still cannot play the movies recored. On the upside, I can export the movies, and watch them in another app (like Google photos).

These are new recordings (made after the reset)?

petermooij
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Are there any artifacts in the video? (particularly at the beginning)?

Do you get an error when you play them in the app?  If not, then what is going wrong?

petermooij
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, there are artifacts in the beginning (like purple bars).

In the app the screen just stays gray when I press play, I only see the movies (with artefacts) in other apps.

However, unticking the 'record in highest quality' box seemed to have solved the issue.

Now I can play the movies in the Arlo app again.

Let's see how this develops.

thanks for all the replies (again).

Peter

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation