Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Ladybug1281
Tutor
Tutor

Floodlight wont turn on when motion is detected. Have tried to adjust settings and rules, but no success to get the floodlight to turn on when motion is detected. The floodlight will turn on when manually activated.  Thanks for any suggestions or fixes.

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Assuming you've selected the floodlight to be turned on in your rules and that it's actually dark outside, I'd start by removing and reconnecting the floodlight.

Ladybug1281
Tutor
Tutor

Tried removing/reconnecting the floodlight from the base station again, but does not illuminate when motion is detected.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ladybug1281,

Is it dark where you're testing this? If not, the LED panel will not engage if the surrounding area is already sufficiently lit.

For more information on this, take a look here: What is the Dusk to Dawn sensor setting?

JamesC

Ladybug1281
Tutor
Tutor
Very dark. Checked the dusk to dawn settings. Still no illumination.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap at the store or use the Contact SUpport link at the bottom here.

dutch1060
Aspirant
Aspirant

i've been told that the ability of the light to turn on is part of the Arlo Smart subscription now.   I had the same problem.   When I attached an active smart subscription to it, it started working again. 

Ladybug1281
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks for the reply and info. Arlo customer service has not communicated this change to me; is that your source or elsewhere? Poor form by arlo to change the terms of service after purchase if so.
dutch1060
Aspirant
Aspirant
a support chat rep from Arlo said that. i was trying to get another rep online to verify but the chat function became unavailable.
Ladybug1281
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks much - that is good info. Take care
Maraleeguz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine does the same thing, 4 months old. Really pissed. You cannot reach support by phone, email has been over a week and they keep asking the dumbest questions, just delaying and annoying. Due to this I will never buy another Arlo system even though presently I own 4 cameras

Maraleeguz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did that still doesn't work maybe broke really

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation