Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight stops recording

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
payling
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight randomly stops recording video. The "fix" I've found is pulling the battery for a minute then plugging back in.

Anyone else have an issue like this?

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try a different location for the camera as a test. Perhaps it's a signal issue connecting to your hub or WiFi.

payling
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't think WiFi is an issue, the Floodlight never goes offline and I can still connect to view Live stream. The issue happens infrequently (once a month).  I'm feeling like it's more buggy software. Also, if the WiFi temporarily lost signal the Floodlight should begin recording once WiFi returned.

Lenameray
Aspirant
Aspirant

The battery in one flood light keeps draining even though it's plugged. Removing the battery, reinstalling, checking the cable outlet etc... is one issue. Yeah, I was waiting for the blue light.  As far as WIFI connection goes, the floodlight will live stream. I have the CVR and the Smart Plus plan. Lately, the cameras don't record any video clips but I can review the entire day through the CVR recordings. I looked at my setup, scheduling etc.  One flood camera notifies sounds and video of the event (a clip) and on CVR and dings the notification but will not recognize a person unless I was really close up within 3 feet. It recognizes audio but not people or animals. Yet, I have my setting correct. The OTHER flood camera is not recognizing much of anything. It's not recording any video clips but I can see the day through the CVR recording. This is kin of new within the last month or so, I think it is a software bug. Please fix.

payling
Aspirant
Aspirant

My floodlight just prompted me / updated to 1.080.25.2_38_8ed23bd.

Update notes states stability fixes / other improvements. Will update if problem continues...

DuffyD67
Initiate
Initiate

I'm also having the same exact problem. I've done the pull the battery, wait, and reinsert. It'll give me notifications and record for a few days, and then will stop again. Not happy that it did it right after I began a 2 week trip away from home. I've checked the firmware and I'm up to date according to the website. This is very frustrating to spend this kind of money and not have a solution. If not for the cost already put in, I'd be buying a Ring spotlight and leaving Arlo for good!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

FWIW, my cameras are connected to a hub and don't have the disconnect issues that seem to plague direct to WiFi cameras. It may be worth buying a hub and connect cameras to it. No guarantees but it works well here...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DuffyD67,

What does the signal strength show for the floodlight?

JamesC

payling
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Camera Positioning page shows Video Bandwidth as "Strong".

Since my last post in May my Arlo Floodlight has been continually recording. No need to pull the battery for reset. Hopefully this trend continues...

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation