Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
hangun
Follower
Follower

I just bought this Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera on Dec 3. Things are good when the camera works. However, I find after working for few days, the camera does not detect any motion. I have to do either reset the camera by removing the battery or restart from the apps. It already happened to me a couple of times. I wonder if there is a Software bug that prevents camera to detect motion or if I get a defective unit.  I have the charging cable plugged in all the time on my setup.  Thanks in advance for your inputs.  

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

hangun,

Are there any issues with signal strength to the camera? When you experience an issue with motion detection, do you see any error messages in the app?

JamesC

pcainc
Initiate
Initiate

I have the EXACT same issues with two Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight cameras (with Arlo mag charger), and nothing I do seems to work.  I've actually tried to contact tech support on this issue and another I had a while back (disappearing recordings), but I've never received a response.  I have about a week left to return these two cameras, so I believe that's the next step.  I've had a pair of Nest outdoor cameras for years with absolutely no issues, so probably going to get a couple of their new ones and just a standard motion sensor floodlight.  Too much money spent for this amount of headache!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

pcainc,

What does the signal strength icon show for the camera?

JamesC

pcainc
Initiate
Initiate

Full Strength.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

pcainc,

If you continue to experience this behavior, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

pm1066
Tutor
Tutor

Exact same issue here, returning it.  3 different customers, 4 different cameras not working is a warning sign, Arlo!  And by not working: January 14th I'm doing literally jumping jacks at different positions in front of it.  Nada.  A car drives by at 4 am this morning, on the extreme edge of the FOV, got that on film.  Walk right up to it, and across it, in broad daylight, nada.

I don't pay extra for the Arlo brand name (and 5-8 second system lag on a FULL signal indicator) for this garbage.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

pm1066,

Consider increasing the sensitivity within your modes and rules for the floodlight camera and then test again to see if you experience the same behavior.

How do I change the motion sensitivity on my Arlo camera?

JamesC

pm1066
Tutor
Tutor
Here's the issue. I haven't changed a single setting on that camera. Sensitivity is maxed, zones are set up. From January 9th through the 15th it recorded nothing. Today at 4 am it started magically recording again. I don't need magic, I need reliability. A device that stops working and 5+ days later starts working with no user input is clearly defective.
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation