Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Sebastos
Tutor
Tutor

Hi everybody,

I have a Pro 2 setup, with 4 cameras. As my setup is Pro 2, I don't need to buy Arlo Smart to have a 7 days cloud store for up to 5 cameras.

I just bought an Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight which works perfectly in my setup.

I have a 3-month trial of Arlo Smart that came with my camera.

But I have a question and i can't find an acceptable answer : When the trial will be over, will I NEED to subscribe to have video cloud storing or will the camera work as my Pro 2 and allow me to access 7 days of videos ? No other solution ?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dcfox1
Master
Master

You will need a subscription for cloud storage of recordings. The Pro 2 and older still have the free 7 day storage. The Pro3, Ultra and newer need a sub. If you connect to a Smart Hub or certain base's  you can record to that but not as ideal as a cloud storage. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dcfox1
Master
Master

You will need a subscription for cloud storage of recordings. The Pro 2 and older still have the free 7 day storage. The Pro3, Ultra and newer need a sub. If you connect to a Smart Hub or certain base's  you can record to that but not as ideal as a cloud storage. 

Sebastos
Tutor
Tutor
Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

With my base (VMB4500), i can record to USB key. But I can’t access the videos in Arlo app and I would need to unplug the key each time... Is possible to access it in Arlo app ? Or is it possible with new Arlo hubs ?
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Sebastos wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

With my base (VMB4500), i can record to USB key. But I can’t access the videos in Arlo app and I would need to unplug the key each time... Is possible to access it in Arlo app ? Or is it possible with new Arlo hubs ?

With the VMB4500 you have to do what you described. Only the Smart Hubs VMB4540 and VMB500 can be accessed via the app. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation