Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Has stopped working and does not appear to charge.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
GAA20
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have owned 4-Pro 3 Floodlights for about 1-year now.  The floodlights were purchased at Lowe’s, as they were closing them out, and have all worked fine.   All of a sudden, one of the cameras stopped worked completely, and will NOT charge!  No blue light, yellow light, or floodlight for that matter.  The model number is FB1001, and the cameras are all set-up outside.  I am reluctant to purchase any additional cameras if this is the start of them failing after a pretty short life.  Any suggestions on what I can try in order to get this working again, as I am completely stumped and frustrated?  Thanks.

16 REPLIES 16
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Could be a dead  or faulty battery. Have you swapped batteries around to see what happens? Have you tried charging all batteries?

GAA20
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Guru, that is an excellent suggestion.  I have attempted to charge the “dead” battery to no avail, so swapping the battery of the other working units to see if it would work, may be the way to go.  I would hope to get more than a year life on a lithium battery, but maybe it was the luck of the draw.  Thanks again.   

CrystalClear83
Tutor
Tutor

I have an Arlo pro 3 floodlight camera that is about 1 year and 1/2 old and it has the same symptoms stop working, not charging. No lights. Not happy with Arlo. Is this covered in warranty. I paid almost $300 for this.

GAA20
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry to hear you are having the same problem.  I have not yet tried what Guru had suggested to me (swapping batteries), but I will when it is time to charge one of them.  I agree with you, as $300 should go much further than 1/1.5-years.  I will keep you posted if Guru’s suggestion happens to work, as the next issue would be finding a replacement battery, that are likely to not be cheap!

CrystalClear83
Tutor
Tutor

I can confirm swapping batteries does not work.

GAA20
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, as I did not think that it would,  it sounds like we are exactly in the same boat with this Pro 3 Floodlight issue.  I would hope that Arlo would do the right thing, and provide some “relief” to us, as it appears to be defective!  I would be happy to send the camera back to them to evaluate, but we will see, as it appears near impossible to speak with a “live” support person, without paying them for extra support, which does not make sense to me, given the problem we are having!

richwlau
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine stopped working as well. I finally figured out that there is a reset button on the camera. I held the reset button for ten seconds. That seemed to reset the camera as the lights started blinking. I also removed the device and re-added it to the base. Plus, I made sure to fully charge the battery over night. After all that intervention, the camera is working again fine.

GAA20
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for sharing this information, as I will try it and let you know if it works.  I have just let it sit there for months, so now I will try it and see what happens.  I do know that the battery is fine, as I have used it on my other cameras.  Thanks again.   

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@GAA20 wrote:

Thank you for sharing this information, as I will try it and let you know if it works.  I have just let it sit there for months, so now I will try it and see what happens.  I do know that the battery is fine, as I have used it on my other cameras.  Thanks again.   

Remove the camera from your account before you try the hardware reset.  Then onboard it afterwards.

You need to remove the camera from the housing.  Then you'll see a sync button inside that you need to hold down for about 10-15 seconds.  Release it when the camera LED begins to flash amber.

GAA20
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunately the reset button, if it is a small, round, black button did not work, even though I hard a fully charged battery.  

I believe the camera is “toast”, but thanks for the reset button advice.  I will do this again if my other two Arlo 3 Floodlights ever stop working.  

Palominojl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here, after 1.5 years to buy an expensive camera suddenly stopped. Of course out of warranty. This is so bad for business, I hope future customers read about this before make any purchase.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Palominojl can you provide more information on the behavior you are seeing with the Pro 3 Floodlight?

DetroitDonnie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, I will throw my name into the pot of having a Arlo floodlight camera that has also stopped working. I have purchased a new battery and nothing is working and this is just just ridiculous. You know I have five of these cameras around my home. This is the second one that stopped working to Arlo credit they did replace the first one but now I have yet another one out and I’m sure that it will not be covered under warranty Over $2500 invested into Arlo cameras and this is the best we get, shameful! I will likely dump all of this stuff and buy a more reliable product. Home safety is a real thing 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is it not turning on at all or will it not sync to the account? Can you please provide more information on what you are seeing?

Palominojl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not running at all

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Palominojl please reach out to support for further assistance. Within the app on your mobile device click on the silhouette on the top left ~ support center ~ the device that you are needing assistance with then choose the issue.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation