Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
dasmaster
Guide
Guide
I have over a dozen arlo products, they all work fine except the floodlight pro 3 camera. It has a constant, annoying, static/distortion noise, sounds like data transmitting possibly. I returned the camera to Best Buy, bought another one, and it does the EXACT same thing. None of my other 12 cameras (all on the same WiFi network) have this problem. But this is the only pro 3 floodlight camera I have. Should I return the floodlight camera and get a THIRD one? Or should I just saw forget it and just get the ultra 2 instead?
56 REPLIES 56
Metronome
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having lived with this issue since the purchase I tried taking the camera unit out of the case. And behold -no more static noise. Based on this experiment it seems noise is accumulating when the camera is inside the case. Anyone else tried this?

meadler
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi. I have 9 Pro 3's. About 5 months ago they started doing the same thing. It has to be a software glich but I haven't seen a fix yet. It really sucks.

JLP2757
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same noises, same sounds.   It’s the floodlight.  It’s not the adapter, charger, plugging it in here, or there.  It’s the Pro 3, there’s a little engineering hiccup. 

BlueWiddow
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have got quite a few Arlo cameras myself different models and not all the same and I had the same issue with one of my cameras. Some are connected to the hub but the wireless ones and just in case the Harlow hub goes off-line.

whether you are using a hub or not, you need to try and make sure that you go in the camera settings and check the frequency it is in the settings under flicker adjustment and you may need to change this and it should help resolve the problem because it did to me if there is something nearby on the same frequency it will interfere with the camera or if the hub is on a different frequency to the camera that could also cause the issue so just play around with the flick adjustment if 50 Hz isn’t working 60 Hz but make sure you change them all to the same I mean to be honest it sounds like they are all on the same frequency anyway apart from that one camera but I could be wrong. I hope this helps , I did have another camera at one point that did this but I think it was the camera that was faulty because I changed the flicker adjustment and it didn’t work for me on another camera so I’ve changing the adjustment doesn’t work. It’s camera or maybe try relocate the camera , just moving it slightly one way or the other could make a huge difference for instance if the camera is outside on the wall looking down at the garden and it’s next to a satellite dish or near One that would probably cause interference 

BlueWiddow
Aspirant
Aspirant

Go into your cameras settings and your hub settings and make sure that they are both on the same frequency. You will find this at the top of the Settings page and it is under flicker adjustment. Make sure they are both on either 50 Hz but if it still makes the noise, then try changing them both to 60 Hz And also try and keep them away from other equipment that is wireless because there are so many wireless signals flying around our homes these days it can cause a few issues 

Cofeeh
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got rid of them 1.5 years ago. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BlueWiddow wrote:

Go into your cameras settings and your hub settings and make sure that they are both on the same frequency. You will find this at the top of the Settings page and it is under flicker adjustment. Make sure they are both on either 50 Hz but if it still makes the noise, then try changing them both to 60 Hz And also try and keep them away from other equipment that is wireless because there are so many wireless signals flying around our homes these days it can cause a few issues 

The Floodlight camera  (and the Pro 3) don't have this setting.  

FWIW, the flicker setting is for other light sources, and has nothing to do with sound.   

It's useful when you have lighting that turns on/off at powerline frequencies (for instance florescent or LED lights).  Those can create dark bands or flicker in the captured video (depending on the brightness at the moment the camera captures each frame).   

I recommend leaving it set to "auto". If you are seeing flicker in the video, then you can try changing it.  You should match the powerline frequency used in your country (e.g. 60 hz for North America, 50 hz for Europe).

Discussion stats