Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Battery draining quickly

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
84luck
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am trying to set up Activity Zone on my camera as the tree in sight of the camera is constantly activating movement and battery is depleting rapidly.

Should my activity zone be purple or clear.

I have made the tree clear and area I wish to receive motion alerts purple.

I am still receiving notifications ( sound and people ) in the area with the tree.

The battery XL is draining after 3 days maximum.

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@84luck wrote:

The battery XL is draining after 3 days maximum.

Activity Zones don't help battery life.  Whenever motion is detected (in or out of the zones), video is sent to the Arlo Cloud for analysis.  If the Cloud doesn't find motion inside the zone, the recording and notification is supressed.

Since the camera acts the same way for all motion, there is no improvement in power drain.

To improve battery life, you can either adjust the camera position to avoid the part of the scene that is generating the unwanted motion, or reduce the motion sensitivity.

You might also want to disable audio detection - if there is a lot of noise in your area (for instance traffic) it will result in a lot of unnecessary recordings and notifications.

@84luck wrote:

I have made the tree clear and area I wish to receive motion alerts purple.

That is correct - the shaded areas are in-zone.  I'm not sure how accurate the zone processing is - generally I add in some margin around the out-of-zone region (the tree in your case).

84luck
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thankyou very much for your advice.

Much appreciated.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation