Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jayjj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All,

Hope someone can help or suggest what i need to do before I return this camera. Recently purchased an Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight camera and after setting this up outside, the camera is now always offline, this will come back online if i go through the setup process and remove from the app and add back, will work for a few minutes then will go back offline. This is now a problem with signal strength as the camera is sitting above the router outside and i am able to get a strong signal way beyond the camera at the end of the drive.

This have been up 2 days now and suddenly out of the blue i received a notification alert, seems the camera suddenly came back online, then went offline again. Reading the reviews online it seems this is a common problem with this version of camera, so far not able to pin point the cause and I work in IT.

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jayjj,

I would recommend that you start by testing the camera in a different location to see if the behavior follows the location or the camera. This will give you an idea if there is a problem at the cameras current location if you still experience the same behavior in a new location.

JamesC

jayjj
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the reply James. Odd thing is that I logged into the online web account for the camera and ever since then the camera have been working, this is after 2 days of not working at all. No drop in connection since and I have been able to use from the mobile app also without any issue, only issue now is that the camera does not pick up small animals such as cats.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation