Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Electricity
Aspirant
Aspirant
This problem started yesterday, I have my settings the same. Floodlight to turn on when recording then shuts off. Since yesterday the floodlight continues to stay on until I have to turn it off. I have the floodlight set for 1minute but it exceeds that. The light will literally stay on all night. I reset my modem, took the battery out, factory reset the floodlights, completely removed the lights from my system and re-added them. They we’re working great before. If motion activated it, it would record with the lights on for 70seconds then shut off. Now it records for 70seconds but leaves the lights on until I notice! Please help! This is happening with multiple floodlights not just 1.
33 REPLIES 33
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Electricity,

The development team is investigating reports of this issue. I will provide an update as soon as I know more.

JamesC

Electricity
Aspirant
Aspirant
By chance do you have an ETA for the hot fix? Having more problems, the floodlights are now staying on even when I try to shut them off through the app they will not turn off, I tried to reset and power off while the lights were on since it wasn’t letting me turn them down. I had to physically grab my ladder and remove the battery in order for them to shut off the lights. I have no idea why my system is messing up. Everything was great for a month or so..
Rasho
Initiate
Initiate
Same is happening with me and just started too. Light settings are for 1min and that is fine when I turn on.
However, when floodlight triggered by motion it turns on and doesn't go off and the '1min' isn't above flashlight in the app. My battery is draining very fast. Has a recent FW update caused this?
TeemuH
Aspirant
Aspirant
Kevmisty
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have had mine for 4 days, did the firmware update and put the light up. I have had to charge it every single day because the light just stays on. Bought the solar panel today because I haven’t moved my ladder I the last 3 days because of the issue. Really close to boxing it all back up and returning. Only had the 4 cameras and 1 floodlight for a week now. What a hard system to keep up and running
pent
Guide
Guide

Hi JamesC, 

Do you have any updates regarding this issue? I haven't noticed it myself, but I have noticed that motion detection during the day on the pro3 floodlight will stay "on" for an extended amount of time. Sometimes it even persists after rebooting the device. 

Whenever I notice the issue, i will power off the camera for ~10 minutes, turn it back on, and the motion detection icon goes back to functioning normally. I would imagine that if this happened to me at night, I would notice the same thing that others are noticing: the floodlight staying on all night.

gmace001
Guide
Guide
Do not believe the lie that this issue is being worked on. It isn’t. I reported this last year and many others complained as well. James said it was being worked on. I sent in logs, allowed the device to be put into a dev mode so they could monitor it, all for nothing. I was given nothing for my time and annoyance other than a dismissal of my ongoing problem. They released an update that did nothing. Then marked my thread as SOLVED. Well, that was a lie. It still does it. It’s a garbage product and even worse customer service. Return it if you can and run.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is working on new firmware that should resolve this issue for anyone who continues to experience. Early testing has proven successful. Once this firmware is available, I will provide an update with the latest information.

JamesC

Mohssen
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, 
I have the same problem. This problem occurred when I used Wi-Fi. I tried with 

a basestation and it worked perfectly. I bought 2 floodlights few days ago in order to use with Wi-Fi so I'm waiting for Arlo to solve it.

kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary

Same problem with my Arlo Pro 3 floodlight along with many other issues- This product is Driving me crazy

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new firmware release went out for the Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight recently resolving several bugs and intermittent issues. Are you still experiencing this issue after your camera updated to the latest firmware?

See the release notes here: Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight FB1001 - 1.080.23.2_29_b9534ae - 28th April 2021

JamesC

kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary
Yes it seems to be charging correctly but I still seen double notification with alerts
dcfox1
Master
Master

@kr67mustang wrote:
Yes it seems to be charging correctly but I still seen double notification with alerts

In another cam thread a mod it it will be fixed in the the next app update. 

Mohssen
Tutor
Tutor

Hi James and thank you for your feedback!

I tried the latest firmware last week with Wi-Fi and it was successful. It responded the way I wanted. Thank you Arlo! I'm happy!
RANGERSTEVE67
Aspirant
Aspirant
Floodlight stays on constantly, didn't for the first few days, now won't shut off, therefore draining the battery. I see alit of comments here but no solution.
kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary
Hey Ranger- I am sorry you are experiencing issues with your Arlo device - and you are correct in saying “there are a lot of complaints and issues with Arlo Products with very little solutions” I wish you luck in getting your problems resolved- I have had my Arlo Pro 3 camera/floodlight along with an added Arlo item the Solar Panel for almost a year now. I purchased the solar panel so I would not have to take the camera down to charge the battery but paying for a additional Arlo Product just means additional problems and issues and trying to get The Great Arlo Technical Team to resolve it.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RANGERSTEVE67 wrote:
Floodlight stays on constantly, didn't for the first few days, now won't shut off, 

Try removing the battery from the floodlight for a few seconds, and then reinsert it.

RANGERSTEVE67
Aspirant
Aspirant
Tried that
RANGERSTEVE67
Aspirant
Aspirant
Tried that tried everything I can find through support or online
kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary
Hey Ranger- I feel ya and been down this rabbit hole . I hope you are not using your Arlo Home Security for any Home Security-
RANGERSTEVE67
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yeah...my weapons are the actual security. This was to warn the bad guy.. 😂
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RANGERSTEVE67 wrote:
Tried that

The next step is to remove it from the account, and then do a reset.  Then add it back.  The process is described here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-my-Arlo-wire-free-camera

Jhall101
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having same problem, I can charge my batteries and next day have to charge them again
Battista
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is happening to one of our cameras. Just charged the battery yesterday. The light stayed in all night and today the battery needs charging.

Any ideas??
Discussion stats