Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Floodlight Pro 3 not charging

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jimmiboy01
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All,

I only just purchased this device, set it up and works fine.

I now have been trying to charge it for the last 2 hours and the battery charge is not increasing, it is at 52%.

I want to fully charge it and then climb the ladder and fasten it to the case which is mounted on the wall.

I'm using the cable and the charger that the device came with.

It just doesn't seem to be charging at all.  I check the "My Devices" choose the device from my list and check the charge, it doesn't indicate it is charging or it doesn;t even look like it is charging as it is on 52% for the last 2 hours while I have it on the charge.

Yes the power is plugged in and it is on.

I also have another arlo, the arlo essentials, this came with a cable but no charger, I have it currently charging off my laptop, this too is not charging!!!

How can I tell if the charge is working, there is no indicator anywhere I can see that it is flashing or anything, should there be?

I have also got the latest firmware for both devices updated.

Jim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jimmiboy01
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok got it sorted, user error 🙂

The charging adapter plug wasn't fastened all the way in to the charger, it was a mm out. I nudged it in making a firm snap noise. 

Now cameras are charging.

cheers

Thanks for your help jguerdat.

Jim

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The app can be problematic when checking the charging state. Try force closing the app and log back in. 

Also, using the laptop to charge the camera probably isn't the best solution. Use a USB charger that supplies 5V and 2A.

jimmiboy01
Aspirant
Aspirant

When u say "force closing the app" what do u mean?

If I login to web ui, i see the same results for the battery charge - I've even restarted the devices, still doesn't show that it is charging. unplugged battery too and still doesn't appear to be charging.

are you able to tell me, should i see any flashing lights while charging - for every battery charger device there is always some flashing indicator that it is being charged, my drones do this as does my phone and even laptop has a charging indicator - this seems not to have one unless there is one and clearly then i know the batteries are damaged from the shop??? 

jimmiboy01
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok got it sorted, user error 🙂

The charging adapter plug wasn't fastened all the way in to the charger, it was a mm out. I nudged it in making a firm snap noise. 

Now cameras are charging.

cheers

Thanks for your help jguerdat.

Jim

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation