Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Floodlight Light not turn on

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Wombat85
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two floodlights connected to a base station. They are solar charged. I canceled my Arlo subscription 6 months ago but within the last week the lights stopped turning on when motion is detected. I've tried removing/factory reset the lights, tried custom modes with the light turning on when motion is detected and video is recorded, made sure the light is set to turn on when armed, checked the dusk to dawn sensor, but I can't get it to turn on. I can manually turn the light on and off. When motion is detected and video recording is triggered, the app says the light is on, but it's not. I'm at a loss. I'm out of warranty, so are these junk? 

3 REPLIES 3
Wombat85
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just to add some additional information. The batteries are fully charged. When motion is detected, the floodlights now make this clicking sound and two red dots flash above the camera . Again, video is recording and the yellow light on the light in the app is on, but the floodlight is physically not on. I don't know what else to do and I'm not paying for the subscription. 

Wombat85
Aspirant
Aspirant

Okay, more troubleshooting. When Armed or in a "test" mode, I can't have "Video Recording" selected, even though I am capable of recording locally to a VMB4500r2 with a 2TB USB drive attached to it. If I have recording selected, the light won't turn on. It just clicks, flashes the red lights and in the app I can see it's detecting motion.

What am I missing? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

For trouble shooting purposes, Have you tried removing the solar panel cable from the spotlight to see if it turns on? 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation