Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Funhouse34
Tutor
Tutor
In the beginning I had a little trouble getting the device connected to the Arlo app but eventually it worked. At one point I turned off the device in the app and I couldn’t reconnect the floodlight with the app so I ended up removing the floodlight in the app. I tried adding the device in the app, I hear the chime and the floodlight shows a fast blinking light however in the next step the app can not find the device. I repeated this step several times using the “reset” button on the device but nothing worked. I thought that maybe I needed to full charge the battery however after I plugged it in with the plug and cord that came with the floodlight, I get a quick blinking light it’s charging but it’s been plugged in for 24 hrs and the “fully charged blue light” is still not on.
Any advice?
6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try both the app and web client. Reboot the phone and reinstall the app.

Funhouse34
Tutor
Tutor
I tried your suggestion however that didn’t work
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you follow the reset procedure in the FAQ here in the support area? Are you using a VPN (turn it off)?

Funhouse34
Tutor
Tutor
I actually saw the reset procedure somewhere in this community and was able to get it to work! Thank you so much!

Only thing now is that at night the light comes on every minute or so and I have no idea why.
Vladib
Initiate
Initiate
Where did you find reset procedure? The 15 seconds amber blinking reset didn’t help.
Camera worked before but I needed to reset, I can’t find it anymore. Factory reset worked but can’t find camera, sync button makes blink blue led but app can’t find anything
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Vladib,

You should be able to complete a factory reset by holding the sync button for 12+ seconds. If you're having trouble, try charging the battery first and then attempt the factory reset again.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation