Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
motomax
Apprentice
Apprentice
Both My flood light started triggering arlo secure push notifications worded as “#alert detected on *camera* at *time*”. It does it every time the light turns on and once again when it turns off. It also does it when I manually trigger the light.
It’s starting to get very annoying, is anyone else getting this?
My vehicle Motion notifications are turned off but because of this random notification I get double push notifications for every vehicle…

Currently running most up to date app on IOS.
Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is currently investigation reports of this issue. As soon as I have more information, I will provide an update.

JamesC

94 REPLIES 94
motomax
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JasonKing their first line support only seem to follow support guides and checklists. Arlo also doesn’t seem to notify the support staff of any know issue or bugs. My first “tip” was to adjust the sensitivity lmao. Sometimes you have to tell them to actually read what your issue is and the steps that you have already taken lol.  I’ve done that many times with different companies. You have to remember, they mostly deal with people who have no idea what they are doing and the vast majority of their complaints can be solved with the guides. 
my complaint got escalated but that was a long time ago and they have been silent ever since. 

68Veedub
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also getting this. 

Absolutely infuriating getting 2-5 alerts with zero motion to trigger it. Only happens on floodlight.

mikeos2001
Tutor
Tutor

I'm getting these as well.  Very frustrating.  In my case, I'm getting the #alert, and most of the time, I'm receiving an identical notification to tell me that there's motion, be it person or animal.

It's double notifying me constantly, with different messages of #alert and then another telling me what the alert is - pointless.

mikeos2001
Tutor
Tutor

6-7 weeks after this started appearing, and we're not closer to a resolution?

Dbrzezinska
Tutor
Tutor

Can anyone try tagging the moderator? 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team has identified the issue being discussed here and has a resolution currently being tested. We hope to have this fix available soon. I will provide more information as soon as I know more.

JamesC

AB23
Star
Star

Thank you for the update. 

Ironman54
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem. Mine started happening when I switched internet providers to Google Fiber and changed Wifi. 

I have the Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera

Ironman54_0-1663821390037.png

michaeljf69
Star
Star

I had two detections overnight that triggered the floodlight and for the first time in over a month didn't get the #alert message. So fingers crossed it's fixed.

SeanAshmore
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just tested this manually enabling / disabling the floodlight, no notifications. I'll wait until we get the official go-ahead from Arlo but this is promising.

EriLin
Aspirant
Aspirant

It seems to work as it should now also for my Arlo Floodlight. No "#alert" neither when the light is trigged by motion or manually. I hope the issue is corrected now and that Arlo has learned something from the issue. 

sia_later
Star
Star

Confirmed resolved for me. Also note the firmware update stated below. See you guys again for the next 'bug'.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/Arlo-SmartHub-VMB5000-1-20-1-1-1327-eccc317-21-...

Melbourne_Moh
Guide
Guide

Better late than never! Hopefully this resolves the issue for everyone. 

SeanAshmore
Apprentice
Apprentice

My hub is still on 1.19.0.3_4074_68a8e53 from June and the issue seems to be resolved for me so it's unlikely to be due to the hub itself. This must be a backend change as the pro 3 floodlight hasn't been updated either as far as I can tell.

EriLin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Agree with Sean Ashmore, the isse seems to be solved but neither my hub or Flood Light has been been updated and are still on older firmware. 

fre310
Guide
Guide

As mentioned as of the beginning of this thread, the issue also started without change in firmware or updates. Hence why probably wrong mapping in what to be done with light function of arlo centrally. These notifications popped up even when system was INactivated but then by just switching on light manually. Feedback of arlo throughout this process has been really bad, customer service does not follow-up on tickets at all and just closes them, and no feedback now on what has changed or confirmation that the issue was identified and resolved. Definitely room

for improvement here……..

godblesstexas
Initiate
Initiate

I completely agree. Communication solves a lot of problems. 

Ironman54
Aspirant
Aspirant
  • I hope I don't jinx myself, but ever since I posted this error message the alert hasn't re-occured
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud fix was released that should address this issue. Please let us know if you continue experiencing this behavior.

Thank you for your patience,

JamesC

SipasDad
Guide
Guide

Well maybe this new behavior is related to the fix, maybe not. But the timing suggests it is. My floodlight is now failing for trigger in the dark for events that were 100% captured in the past. I have another camera that overlaps the same area - which lets me know that 1) the floodlight should be triggering, 2) it’s not just failing to record as I can see that neither the IR LEDs nor the light is coming on.

anyone else seeing this starting in the past week?

Discussion stats