Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Kerrie120
Follower
Follower
Hi I’ve had an ARLO camera for 5 yrs no dramas always detects and records …

So now I’ve added a spotlight camera and door bell and neither will record and keeps saying I need subscribe wtf is that ..

Very disappointed if this is what I need to do cause I could of went with another brand that doesn’t charge for something that clearly was able to use with previous models …
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kerrie120 wrote:

So now I’ve added a spotlight camera and door bell and neither will record and keeps saying I need subscribe

All new cameras (starting with the Ultra - released in 2018) require a subscription for cloud storage.

If you upgrade your base to a smarthub, then you could potentially use "direct access to local storage" - https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it  Some folks here find that acceptable, but personally I think the subscription is the way to go.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kerrie120 wrote:

So now I’ve added a spotlight camera and door bell and neither will record and keeps saying I need subscribe

All new cameras (starting with the Ultra - released in 2018) require a subscription for cloud storage.

If you upgrade your base to a smarthub, then you could potentially use "direct access to local storage" - https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it  Some folks here find that acceptable, but personally I think the subscription is the way to go.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation