Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

AC power has been disconnected from this device. Please reconnect the power source to the device.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mike-C
Star
Star

I turned on CVR with the subscription and it wanted "Non-battery Power" so I bought the solar panel which was suggested by Arlo as the solution. Went back to enable CVR and great it worked for 3 days. Now:

"CVR is currently disabled. AC power has been disconnected from this device. Please reconnect the power source to the device."
3 REPLIES 3
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

CVR requires a constant external power source, solar panels only work in daylight hours obviously to top up the battery.

Mike-C
Star
Star

🙂 sure but when I used the USB charger before I bought the solar charger, it said CVR not allowed as USB charger is design for indoor use only and gave me the option to buy some outoor powered charger OR a solar panel so I bought the solar panel on ARLO's advice....and as I mentioned, it worked fine for a couple of days.

This product is an inconsistent mess. So now I went to plug the same USB in to show in this case the message again but now no error about it being an "indoor only charger" and CVR running.

To add to the junk error messages this device and software throw, if I try and stream I get "The privacy settings do not allow streaming." - who knows where that came from suddenly and how to fix.

If I sound impatient, its because this is a piece of junk compared to the Ultra Pro 4's I have. Clicking noises, false alerts even if 10% sensitivity (in case it is something) and now this lot above. I've already sent one back to supplier for the noise and false trigering but they both do it.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Arlo will always have an explanation, the usual is it may take a day or two to update changes to their server.

The CVR experience is limited, read between lines is important.

https://kb.arlo.com/1018425/What-is-continuous-video-recording-CVR-and-how-do-I-use-it

In my opinion it all fell over after the pro2 models.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation