Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

AC Power Disconnected. No activity Zones

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
KyleTay60
Aspirant
Aspirant
Recently we had an internet outage in our area and since then our floodlight 3 camera has had a number of issues. I had to reset it to reconnect once the internet was restored and since then it's displayed the message 'Activity Zones disabled. AC Power disconnected'.

This is odd as never had this issue before the internet outage and it is plugged into the same solar panel it always has been. Due to being winter at the min the solar power doesn't give charge every day at the moment but that was the same only a few days ago before the outage so not sure why that would cause an issue. The camera is detecting it's plugged in.

Also does this camera actually need AC power for the activity Zones to work all the time? I've looked at previous threads but can't find to seem a solution that works.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KyleTay60 wrote:

Also does this camera actually need AC power for the activity Zones to work all the time? I've looked at previous threads but can't find to seem a solution that works.

If the camera has a subscription, then the Arlo Cloud will provide the Activity Zone function when the camera is on battery.  All motion is streamed to the cloud, and the cloud will supress videos that have no motion in the zone.

If the camera has no subscription, then you need AC power to get Activity Zones - solar panels won't do.  

Since the behavior changed, you should check the subscription status of the camera.  Perhaps the trial ran out about the same time as the internet issue? 

Also check the outdoor charger (if you are using that).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KyleTay60 wrote:

If the camera has a subscription, then the Arlo Cloud will provide the Activity Zone function when the camera is on battery.  All motion is streamed to the cloud, and the cloud will supress videos that have no motion in the zone.

If the camera has no subscription, then you need AC power to get Activity Zones - solar panels won't do.  

Since the behavior changed, you should check the subscription status of the camera.  Perhaps the trial ran out about the same time as the internet issue? 

Also check the outdoor charger (if you are using that).

KyleTay60
Aspirant
Aspirant
Good suggestion! I checked the subscription status and even though it was active there was no camera assigned. I think where I had to reset the camera and forget device and reconnect it dropped out and then needed assigning again. Seems to be working now so many thanks!
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation