Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Help with Arlo support

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
tentative
Follower
Follower

Hi. I am writing to complain about a follow up call to Arlo Support.  The website connection via email doesn't work, so I'm posting this in the community because my experience was so bad. 

Two days ago, after buying an Arlo Pro 2 system with 5 cameras, I called support because I needed help connecting to my Google Mesh wifi.  Support told me that my internet search correctly noted that a network switch was needed inorder for Arlo to work.

Yesterday I called support and spoke with Sparsh. He told me that you had provided incorrect information yesterday. Sparsh told me that Arlo Pro 2 was not compatible with Google mesh Wifi. I informed him that via internet search, I learned some people connected using a network switch. Moreover, the day before Arlo support told me that worked.

I bought a switch and found the Arlo devise couldn’t be discovered. Sparsh told me that it was because it was not compatible with the Google router and a switch wouldn’t work.  Basically, Arlo support told me to take a hike and buy something else.  Not very nice customer support.

I didn’t give up and called Google WiFi support. Within 5 minutes they solved the issue and the Arlo cameras are working. I am not sure I will keep them because Arlo provides such terrible and inconsistent support. Compared to the problem solving approach by Google staff, Arlo support is awful. I will test the cameras, but my initial thought is they suffer major lag, even with 250Gb WiFi speed. Please fix your horrible support it left a very bad impression. Nobody should know more about your system than you.  Shame on you.

3 REPLIES 3
Dannybear
Master
Master
What lag do you have, 2sec is typical for me. I moved all my smart and mobile devices across to the 5Ghz wifi channel on my modem router to get away from the lagging issues.
Davidddt
Tutor
Tutor

Obviously because they could not give a toss about customer services. Another incompetent arlo software update done without beta testing.

All due to jobsworths who assume, wrongly, that their software works, when clearly it does not. I would not recommend anyone buy these systems from arlo if they require a reliable security system.

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Arlo support is basically non existent. I could post my copy of a hour and a half useless chat conversation I had with one chap. He just kept asking the same questions over and over and over. Several times I had to ask him "did you not read the answer I typed each and every time you re asked the same question? Please re read my opening query. Are you even paying attention?"

It was very frustrating at the time, but rather comical to read it over now. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation