Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

want to move my Arlo Pro 2 to another location

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ctc1599
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have Arlo Pro 2 with 3 cameras connected to base station, all are working at my home location.  I am looking to get another Arlo Pro 4 so I don't need this Arlo Pro 2 anymore.

I want to relocate all of this (the base and cameras) to my parent's home and set it up there.  My plan is to set it up there in my parent's house using the same account I am using.

1) Is that possible using the same account?

2) What do I need to do at my location before setting it up at my parent's?

3) Can I just take the base and cameras and just plug in at parent's without having to sync/resync?  Basically, all will remain the same, except it will be on a different router.

4) Should I get this set up first at my parent's before adding the new Arlo Pro 4 at my home location?

Thanks for the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ctc1599 wrote:

Can I just take the base and cameras and just plug in at parent's without having to sync/resync?  Basically, all will remain the same, except it will be on a different router.

Yes, that is all you should need to do.

Although if you want the parents to also access the cameras, you should share them with the "friend account" feature.

Accept the invite on a PC by clicking on the create account link - which will open your browser to my.arlo.com.  You can then create their account.  If they already have one, then you can just log in.

@ctc1599 wrote:

Should I get this set up first at my parent's before adding the new Arlo Pro 4 at my home location?

Totally up to you.  Note you will need a subscription for the Pro 4 in order to get cloud storage - it doesn't have the free 7-day cloud storage you got with the old cameras.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ctc1599 wrote:

Can I just take the base and cameras and just plug in at parent's without having to sync/resync?  Basically, all will remain the same, except it will be on a different router.

Yes, that is all you should need to do.

Although if you want the parents to also access the cameras, you should share them with the "friend account" feature.

Accept the invite on a PC by clicking on the create account link - which will open your browser to my.arlo.com.  You can then create their account.  If they already have one, then you can just log in.

@ctc1599 wrote:

Should I get this set up first at my parent's before adding the new Arlo Pro 4 at my home location?

Totally up to you.  Note you will need a subscription for the Pro 4 in order to get cloud storage - it doesn't have the free 7-day cloud storage you got with the old cameras.

ctc1599
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your answers.  More questions:

@ctc1599 wrote:

Can I just take the base and cameras and just plug in at parent's without having to sync/resync? Basically, all will remain the same, except it will be on a different router.

What if I want my parents to have the base and cameras under their account so they can manage the access, can I still just plug in at parent's without having to sync/resync? 

In what scenario that would require to delete and resync, can you explain?

@StephenBwrote:

Note you will need a subscription for the Pro 4 in order to get cloud storage - it doesn't have the free 7-day cloud storage you got with the old cameras.

The actual model is Pro 4 XL, does it have the free 7-day cloud storage I got with the old cameras?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ctc1599 wrote:

@ctc1599 wrote:

Can I just take the base and cameras and just plug in at parent's without having to sync/resync? Basically, all will remain the same, except it will be on a different router.

I answered that already - yes.

@ctc1599 wrote:

What if I want my parents to have the base and cameras under their account so they can manage the access, can I still just plug in at parent's without having to sync/resync? 

Then you would need to remove the base and cameras from your account, and on-board them to their account.

@ctc1599 wrote:

The actual model is Pro 4 XL, does it have the free 7-day cloud storage I got with the old cameras?

No.  They stopped offering free 7-day cloud storage on all the newer cameras - starting with the Ultra in 2018.

ctc1599
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, so they stopped offering free 7-day cloud storage on all the newer cameras - starting with the Ultra in 2018, then what exactly do you see/get without subscription when a motion detection is recorded?

If it's recorded, can you see the content entirely or just partial recording, how long?  How long does it keep in the library?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ctc1599 wrote:

Ok, so they stopped offering free 7-day cloud storage on all the newer cameras - starting with the Ultra in 2018, then what exactly do you see/get without subscription when a motion detection is recorded?

You'll get a notification, and then you can livestream the camera.  Nothing at all is recordedin the cloud w/o a subscription.

If you have a base, you can store local recordings.  The smarthubs (VMB4540 and VMB5000) will let you view the local recordings in the app.  There are limitations to that feature, and IMO if you only have a single camera you are better off getting the single camera subscription.  Payback on the smarthub investment is at about three years - if you are lucky enough to find a smarthub at MSRP.

More info is here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062312/What-options-will-I-have-when-the-Arlo-trial-ends

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation