Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

vmb400 no longer connects to internet after upgrading to google mesh

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
apirpiris
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had upgraded from a cable modem/wifi route to a google mesh and updated modem. Internet works great. 

Now base station will no longer connect to internet. Attempted to connect directly to modem and to google mesh system and the light indicator stays blank. 

Performed multiple factory resets and internet indicator light stays blank. 

Tried using app from phone to look for Arlo system and does not work. 

Asking for community help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
apirpiris
Aspirant
Aspirant

Google home app has a settings tab that allows you to pause connections. For some reason my arlo base station was set to pause. In easy fix that I could not fine. Thankfully my brother found it. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@apirpiris wrote:

Performed multiple factory resets and internet indicator light stays blank. 

That sounds like a hardware ethernet issue.  Have you tried a different cable?  

apirpiris
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes tried a brand new cable.

tested laptop with both cables on router and directly in to modem and both cables worked fine. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@apirpiris wrote:

yes tried a brand new cable.

tested laptop with both cables on router and directly in to modem and both cables worked fine. 

Then it sounds like the ethernet hardware in the base has failed.  Note you could also try connecting the laptop directly to the base - it won't function, but you should see the internet LED turn amber (and the LED on the laptop would light, if it has one).

Not sure, but it's conceivable this could also be a result of a power problem.  So you could do a risk-buy of a replacement adapter before replacing the base.  I think it's a long shot, but maybe worth a try.

apirpiris
Aspirant
Aspirant

Google home app has a settings tab that allows you to pause connections. For some reason my arlo base station was set to pause. In easy fix that I could not fine. Thankfully my brother found it. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation