Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

troubleshooting issue - loosing Arlo intermittently

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
KathyInVA
Tutor
Tutor
I have my Arlo pro 2 set up at a property that I have under construction. Today I had an event with someone trespassing (had $6k with a building material stolen a few weeks ago which is why I install the cameras), as soon as they enter the site, the camera activated and notified me. Worked great. And then the entire system went off-line... while the guy was there. 🙄It has been doing this intermittently. I am trying to figure out is there a way to know whether it is power that I'm losing intermittently or is it my Internet service that I'm losing intermittently. If it was the Internet that I lost, and not power, then the Arlo pro would've still been connected to the local network and could still have recorded to the base station USB, if they have it programmed like that. I guess that is my big question. If the Internet connection is lost but the local network is still up, does it still copy to the base station?
3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you have properly set up the base with a USB stick or hd AND internet goes out, it should still record to the USB backup....the files will appear there only and not get transferred to the cloud when internet comes back

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
KathyInVA
Tutor
Tutor
Perfect! I'll find out tomorrow if I had it set up right. Taking a trip to the property to see what is on that USB drive 😬
brh
Master
Master

@KathyInVA

Hi Kathy, 

I hadn't replied to your private emails yet as I have been extremely busy the past couple of days. Be sure to read the instructions carefully on how to dismount the memory drive in the app. You will have to insert it into a computer to view it. Don't know if you installed the Smartthings hub yet, but unlike Arlo, Smartthings notifies you if the hub goes offline. Since there are batteries in the Smartthings hub, you should be able to know if it is a power loss or internet failure. I'm guessing it is probably the latter. 

Also, if you have installed your Lorex system, you should be able to look at the DVR and see if there are gaps in the recordings as that system doesn't need the internet to record.

Brian

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation