Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation
G410
Aspirant
Aspirant

Firmware 1.125.5.0_17202 H3

I have an orange circle with an exclamation point inside a triangle in camera view..what does this mean?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

G410,

This icon will display if you have CVR or Activity Zones enabled on your Pro 2 while the camera is not plugged in. The purpose of the icon is to indicate that these features will not work unless your camera is plugged in.

JamesC

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
LJapson
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just started using Arlo and am learning things as they come up. As I was messing around with the "Activity Zones" this orange circle with an exclamation point in the middle appeared. I have since taken off the activity zone but it still appears.

What is this alert telling me? I assume once I address it, it will disappear. I can't find this information anywhere. Thoughts?

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Do you have your Pro 2 camera connected to external power?

If not there is a warning that activity zones will not work unless connected to external power.

"To enable Activity Zones, please connect your device to AC power. You can still edit, add or remove at any time."

LJapson
Aspirant
Aspirant
No. It’s not connected to a power source. I did see that message which is why I deleted my activity zone. The icon still appears. I’m going to try and plug it in to see what happens. If that is the case, then it’s a software/firmware issue.
LJapson
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok that was it. When I plugged the camera to power, the orange icon went away. HOWEVER, I don’t have an activity zone set. It seems the moment you set a custom one, the system thinks it’s using it. I deleted the one I created but it seems it can’t recognize that. I reset the video setting and it still appears.

I don’t like having an alert message constantly on the screen for this camera.

Thank you for he help.
VancouverBC
Luminary
Luminary

Are your symptoms similar to this thread https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Arlo-Pro-2-amber-warning-triangle/td-p/1541118 ? 

PS. This whole forum is on the Arlo Pro 2, a more descriptive subject line is helpful, maybe a synopsis from your post, "orange circle with an exclamation point inside a triangle in camera view" 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

G410,

This icon will display if you have CVR or Activity Zones enabled on your Pro 2 while the camera is not plugged in. The purpose of the icon is to indicate that these features will not work unless your camera is plugged in.

JamesC

chrisby
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes same issue here. Can’t get rid of the darn exclamation point even though I no longer have an activity zone set up. I’ll have to reset it when I get a moment.
mhnatt
Luminary
Luminary

No activity zone, no CVR. Never. The icon just started showing up a few days ago out of the blue. I went into the activity zone and “reset” just in case, which had no effect. I also checked CVR. Icon still remains. Is it not standard interface design to display a helpful message when the user taps on such a warning symbol as to what the actual warning is?

st_shaw
Master Master
Master

@mhnatt wrote:

No activity zone, no CVR. Never. The icon just started showing up a few days ago out of the blue. I went into the activity zone and “reset” just in case, which had no effect. I also checked CVR. Icon still remains. Is it not standard interface design to display a helpful message when the user taps on such a warning symbol as to what the actual warning is?

It's a bug.  Just delete the Arlo app and reinstall it and the icon will go away. I had to do this on Friday myself.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation