Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Arlowml
Follower
Follower

my entire system is offline and the base station has no middle light.....I have tried everything at least 3 times including resetting my homes modem

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Arlowml wrote:

my entire system is offline and the base station has no middle light.....I have tried everything at least 3 times including resetting my homes modem

Are you seeing a LED light on the ethernet port of the modem/router? (This assumes it has LEDs for each port).

Also, have you looked in the router's attached device list, and see if you can find the IP address of the base?

One thing that you should do if you can - connect the PC with an ethernet port to the modem using the ethenet cable.  Then disable wifi on the PC, and see if you can still reach the internet.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Before you get too far, verify that the Ethernet cable is properly and fully seated on each end.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@jguerdat wrote:

Before you get too far, verify that the Ethernet cable is properly and fully seated on each end.

And try a different cable. These things are notoriously fragile.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
JDD1962
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m encountering the same issue except I have green light flashing in the center and far right.  The left is flashing alternative between amber and green.   I’m not sure how to make the internet connection from here.  I’ve checked all Ethernet connections, purchased a new cable and still have same issue.  Tried different modem ports as well and the indicator lights flash there as well.  I have tested them as well

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JDD1962 wrote:

The left is flashing alternative between amber and green.

That's an unusual status, but it sounds like it might be trying to do a firmware update.  Normally amber means the base is booting, and blinking green means it is upating it's firmware.  

LED status is described here: https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station-mean

JDD1962
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you StephenB.
That is what I’ve read as well, however, it’s been going through this for several days now without any firmware update completion. I tried to reset it to factory settings as well and problem still exists . Any other possible fixes?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JDD1962 wrote:
Any other possible fixes?

Unfortunately, I'm not thinking of many other possibilities.

Just resetting the base (likely something you've already tried). https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation