Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

my Samsung cell phone updated...could this be the reason my cameras are not recording events now?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Magwheels18
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had a technician come out to trouble shoot why my cameras were not working yesterday. He left with all cameras working. But now my cameras are not recording events at all, only showing live events. The running man icon is greyed out. what do i do and what went wrong? The only thing i can imagine went wrong is that i got a message from my Samsung S8 people that the cell phone was updating...could that be the reason for disruption in recording events?

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The cameras will NOT record on motion if the running man is GRAY.... ON is BLACK

In Order to eliminate the phone , test on a computer if possible at  https://arlo.netgear.com/ ( with browser )

If you find the PC working with the cameras ok, you may have to delete the app on your phone and then re-install it

I would check your MODES and arm the system ( all cameras ) and then chaeck on the device page ( live view ) ... all cams on top should have a running man black.

If not, first try a reboot on the base vias the power button ( off then on )

Test again.

If still grayed out, you may have to use Remove Device for the cameras and bring them back as new ( resync ) in order to rebuild the Modes

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Magwheels18
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just got a yellow message box that says "Were sorry Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

Magwheels18
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK, since i got message from Arlo that the systme crashed...I took the plugs off the Arlo router and then replugged it in...I checked my phone connection and it shows that the running man icon is now activated and apparently the service has been restored....but it still isnt capturing any videos nor storing any videos in my library...I stand in front of the camera and wave my hands wildly and it doesnt pick up the events. Now what?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi Magwheels18,

What mode do you have your camera set on? Armed, Or a Custom mode by chance?

darthgrumpa
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried all these remedies with a Verizon employee with no results. I can't even get into the site.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Based on your earlier "running man" comment, it appears you're not using the latest app. Reinstall the app to be sure.

darthgrumpa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo just updated and everything is working.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation