Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
Kentdude
Star
Star

I just bought and set up a 2 camera Arlo pro2 system 

but I've found the siren is very quiet, I have tried all the recommendation

turn off - didn't work

restart unit - didn't work

test from pc - didn't work

settings say very loud but its not 

the main reason I bought the pro2 was for the 2 way audio and the ability to remote activate the siren too scary people away 

can you please help 

20 REPLIES 20
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you adjusted the volume in the MODE for the selected camera(s)... ??

( it is pretty loud at max )

What model base are you using ??

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Kentdude
Star
Star

the setting for the siren say very loud 

the base station is a vmb4500

this seems to be a common problem 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

ellesalvatore
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue here.

Are pro 2s quieter than pros for some reason?

Bought because other people claimed that it was so loud you have to leave the room but I can sit quite comfortably right next to it...

Have contacted support but not much they can do. The suggestion was to downgrade to the pro base station..

Have you found a solution?

Kentdude
Star
Star

I have been contacted by support asking for more details  but that was about 2 weeks ago and they haven't come back to me since

The service I have received from arlo is very poor, Amazon service was great and they sent me out a replacement but the problem was the same which makes me feel it's a software problem

I'm not downgrading to a older model, all I want it the product and service I've paid for

If they do have a problem then surely they should replace them with the pro3 hub

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Kentdude wrote:

the setting for the siren say very loud 

the base station is a vmb4500

The "deafening" Pro 2 hub is the vmb4000.

It seems that the "update" is quieter.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Kentdude
Star
Star
But that's not what I bought the vmb4500 is listed and sold as having 100db siren
ellesalvatore
Tutor
Tutor
Agrees with Kentdude.

What's the point in having a siren that's barely louder than the TV?

Is the siren itself different from the previous version or can this be fixed with an update?
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Kentdude wrote:
But that's not what I bought the vmb4500 is listed and sold as having 100db siren

My guess is that, in its inimitable style, Arlo has failed to update the marketing guff.

I can't even find the vmb4500 in the document library.

The data sheet for the Pro 2 still bills the older hub.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Kentdude
Star
Star
This is from Amazon
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Old hub.

Just another user
SueHenry
Initiate
Initiate
Having same problem, bought it for the loud siren and got the vmb4500, but when do the siren it is barely 65db. Phoned support and was no help, got a case number but heard nothing since
lukeluk
Initiate
Initiate

same here. Bough mine arlo pro 2 with vmb4500 and my phone alarm or microwave is louder than that piece of c. 

Phoned tech support, after the short convo they've told me to return it to the store. So I did and got a replacement...

Surprise, surprise a replacement has the very same issue. It's very quiet. 

Kentdude
Star
Star

we seem to be getting the same run around, i had the same conversation followed by a replacement from amazon and the same result 😞

i logged a support call on 16th December and nothing 

i logged another call  6th January and nothing 

i get the feeling they know what the problem is and they don't want to admit it, i think its down to the new design 

the older hub had breather holes to allow the sound out but the new 4500 is sealed 

arlo should be replacing these hubs with a different model that works how it should, has anyone had any dealings with the hub that comes with the arlo pro3 

at the end of the day all i want is the product that ive paid for working how it should 

it would also be nice if support actually support the customers because without the end user they would all be out of a job 

Kentdude
Star
Star

finally we might be getting somewhere

I've just spent about one hour on the live chat, they finally admitted they have a fault which they know about and are working on a firmware update for

but sadly they don't know when they will have a fix, i did suggest sending out the pro3 hub but that fell on deaf ears 

so watch this space but i wouldn't hold your breath

Kentdude
Star
Star
Afternoon all
Finally have a siren that makes a loud noise but I've been downgraded
Arlo finally sent out a replacement hub but their way of sorting the problem is to send me a vmb4000 rather than fixing the problem with my vmb4500
What are yours thought ?
NewfieDrool
Luminary
Luminary

I’m not sure it’s a downgrade to be honest, it has the same support camera wise and has a nice power button at the rear and a louder siren.

some times manufacturers alter the design to cut down manufacturing costs, this might be the case here but I would say it’s not a down grade and I don’t like units with no power button.

I personally would be very happy with the 4000 which by the way I have and I’m very happy with the rather loud siren it produces

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

I'm with @NewfieDrool. If it adds useful features, where is the downgrade?

New firmware has added compatibility with newer cameras to the vmb4000. What's not to like?

Just another user
Abhinandan
Aspirant
Aspirant
Polithium
Aspirant
Aspirant
From what I have found out from Arlo.... If you have the newer 4500 model base, this is the way they are. The 4000 model (older), which has the speaker holes in the side, is the louder model. Arlo conveniently doesn't tell this in the product description. Why they would make new models like this, who knows. If you manage to get a hold of them they just give you the runaround. Even with all the fraudulent facts you give them about they're product. I will never buy an Arlo product again. And I highly discourage anyone else from doing so. Poor company
Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation