Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
trose348
Star
Star

been using arlo for 5 mons. lots of glitches with the app/ & iphone 7.............am thinking it's more the app............used to sign me in automatically when i pushed the arlo app button on my phone, now it only is saving the email address & not the password.  i have a red 'the username or password is incorrect' messaged EVERYTIME now & have to put the password in EVERY time now.  This just started happening & never happen before, it wasn't an issue before.  it seems when ever arlo does their updates, it screws a lot of things up.  i'm fairly tech savvy & have done everything & still can't seem to fix it.  Any suggestions?

61 REPLIES 61
cpeters
Star
Star

use the fingerprint option instead of password

trose348
Star
Star

hummmmm, ok kids this is a new 1, will experiment & let u know, have tried the 'forgot' button & then back 1 x now & it logged me right in, love it when someone is more techi than me!  🙂

bripab007
Tutor
Tutor

The app update that came out yesterday (2.5.2, I think) seems to have resolved this problem for me.

beakeru2
Guide
Guide

the new iphone does not have the fingerprint option..  It uses a facial recognition and the Arlo app is not sophtiticated enough to be compatiable .

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new Arlo iOS app was released (2.5.2). Is this issue still being experienced on this latest version?

JamesC

beakeru2
Guide
Guide

Yes.. Still problems after 2.5.2 which actually shows a release of 5-28 on my phone.. 

Problems all day yesterday and today.. 

trose348
Star
Star

believe it or not, it appears to be doing it now about 50% of the time, been testing it today...............the other suggestion actually works better, the forgot password & the back button gets me right in..............so Arlo still in progress I guess?  frustrating!

trose348
Star
Star

I have the 7 & am thinking this also might be a good option & am glad it was suggested.................will try later since all the glitches w/ arlo seem to take up so much of my time that I just have to WALK AWAY for bit............  🙂

beakeru2
Guide
Guide

agreed , but we shouldnt have to rely on the forgot password back button... I have 10 cameras and paid well over a thousand dollars for this crap..

trose348
Star
Star

yes, 10 cameras is a big chunk of change!  🙂  It appears that it's back to norm.  it auto logs me in & do not have to to the forgot password, & then click the back button.  We will see how long this will last.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new Arlo iOS app was released (2.5.2). Is this issue still being experienced on this latest version?

JamesC

trose348
Star
Star

Hi James, it appears thing are back to norm...............meaning when I press the Arlo app, it instantaneously signs me in w/ out any effort.  This is what I & am sure many other's want because when you hear the alert, u want to make sure it's NOT someone breaking in.  So far so good.............am very happy it's back to what I like.  🙂