Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New Arlo app has long lag when viewing live stream. Reinstalling seems to fix problem.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
cyang64
Tutor
Tutor

So I just got another arlo pro2 add on.  For my system to replace my arlo classic cam.  I have the required base station that comes w pro2. Updated my iOS app to the latest version and when I linked my new add on cam it required a firmware update. I did that.

What I noticed was there was such a long lag between my new cam and the base station viewing on my iPad (12.4.1ios). I checked the other 4 cam and it looked fine. So I though it was a issue w how I sync the cam. So I rebooted the base station. Unplug the new cam and plugged it back in. After waiting for abt 5min. I recheck and again it was slow as molasses abt 3min delay. The other cams seem normal only a few sec. I thought the cam was faulty. Signal strength is excellent all WiFi bars present. So I deleted the app. Mind you all this was just upgraded from my last version 2.8 to this new one 2.9. So yes I completed deleted the app. I waited for 10 min reboot my iPad just to make sure everything is happy and redownloaded the arlo app.  After installation it did it is thing and I didn’t have to type anything and it pulled my acct in automatically.  I then retested the cams one by one checking connection speed and night viewing mode. Oh yeah forgot to mention also w the new cam night mode was horrible don’t know why.  Then when I got to the new cam it was connecting within a few sec and the live pic was also within a few sec. load and behold night view imagery was ok now. I don’t know why but it seems like the app upgrade was not designed well?

But if you delete it wait a few sec and reinstall it seems to fix all the problems.  I also I had badge number show up on my app but the recorded video was not showing up. Now that is fix also. So I suggest if things are not working right delete reboot reinstall reboot. Wow looks like windows now haha.  But all is up and running just 

1 REPLY 1
NewPlayer
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issues. I uninstalled/reinstalled the app which seemed to fix it, until, I changed the notification settings to no sound or badges. Instantly went back to looooong lag load times, poor video quality-skipping-lagging. Updated iOS firmware, no help. Rebooted router and base station, completely unplugged everything. Still no good. Uninstalled/reinstalled several times. Same thing, works ok until I change notification settings. Sheesh!
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation