Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

iOS app 2.7.1

Discussion stats
RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I see Arlo updated the iOS app today. I’m reluctant to download and try until I hear from others!
101 REPLIES 101
DavidMillerBG
Tutor
Tutor
I am the owner/admin of these cameras.
Dannybear
Master
Master
@ArloAlex,

When you are unable to play any clip besides the newest one: Are these clips on a camera where you are the admin owner?
Yes, on partner’s iPhone 5s using V2.7.0 App using same login. I.e. no shared users.
Shavy
Tutor
Tutor
- I am the admin owner
- I am not sharing my account
Dannybear
Master
Master
@ArloAlex,

Sorry, I made a mistake reading your question.
my iPhone 5s
as admin owner
no shared users.
Dannybear
Master
Master
@ArloAlex,
Just to cloud the issue being experienced here, I checked my partner’s iPad Air 2 (uses my login) and the arlo App was already updated to v2.7.1. It will play the selected videos correctly. iPad has iOS v12.1.1 installed.

My partners iPhone 5s (uses my arlo login) has arlo App v2.7.0 with iOS v12.1.1 installed. It will play the selected video correctly.

My iPhone 5s (uses my arlo login) has arlo App v2.7.1 with iOS v12.1.2 installed. It will NOT play the selected video correctly.
BillRin
Tutor
Tutor

Apple just released IOS 12.1.3 for IPad and IPhone. Let’s hope that resolves most issues. 

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@BillRin wrote:

Apple just released IOS 12.1.3 for IPad and IPhone. Let’s hope that resolves most issues. 

As they say...”Hope, is not a method.”.  It did not solve any of my problems as far as I can tell.

Dannybear
Master
Master
capswatcheye
Aspirant
Aspirant

I experience the #4 issue as well, only able to view the last motion recorded clip in the library regardless of clip selected.

iPhone 8

ios - 12.1.3

VMB4000r3

3 Arlo Pro 2 cameras and base station

No smart plan

rogerrabt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm also having the same #4 issue.  On library page, it will only play most recent video that is displayed.  Filter by a specific camera, same issue - only most recent video is played back regardless of which one is selected.

I can play additional videos from the list by sliding left/right while it's playing, but that's the only workaround that I've found.

App version: 2.7.1

IOS version: 12.1.2

Device: IPhone SE

I'm the admin.  I have two other shared accounts.

M3B
Aspirant
Aspirant

With this latest update (2.7.1),  I am experiencing problem #4; same clip plays back, regardless of camera tried or clip tapped.

Here are the answers to your questions:

iOS device: iPhone 8

iOS version: 12.1.3

Arlo Base Station: Arlo Pro 2; Firmware: 1.12.0.1_27940 Hardware: VMB4000r3

Arlo Cameras Observed on: All

I do not have an Arlo Smart Plan

Yes, this is still occurring as of 1-29-19.

I am the admin and have one shared account; the shared account is on my husband’s android phone, and he does not have any problems viewing videos.

It is interesting to note that while this issue is happening on my iPhone 8, it is NOT happening on my iPad Air 2 (I sign in as admin on my iPad too).

M3B
Aspirant
Aspirant

@rogerrabt  thanks for the workaround; that will do until the app is fixed 🙂

ArloAlex
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Shavy, @Ht70, @Dannybear, @capswatcheye, @rogerrabt, @M3B, and @PaulC25 

We believe that we have resolved the issue where you can only play the first clip in your library ("problem #4", per this thread) - can you please install the latest version of the iOS app (v 2.7.2) and confirm that this is fixed for you? 

If you are still seeing #4, do let me know here - thank you!

DavidMillerBG
Tutor
Tutor

It is fixed for me in the new release

iPhone SE / iOS 12.1.3

Thanks.

rogerrabt
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ArloAlex   It's working correctly now for me as well.

M3B
Aspirant
Aspirant
Installed version 2.7.2 and app is functioning normally now. Thank you!!
BillRin
Tutor
Tutor

Is version 2.72 available to all?  When I click on my firmware it responds that no updates are available. My current version is v 2.7.1

M3B
Aspirant
Aspirant

@BillRin The version 2.7.2 update is in the App Store. 🙂

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@BillRin wrote:

Is version 2.72 available to all?  When I click on my firmware it responds that no updates are available. My current version is v 2.7.1

It isn’t “firmware”, it is the iOS or Android app.

If you are talking about the iOS app, I have often found the system thinks my Arlo app is up to date when it isn’t.  To fix that I go into the App Store, search for the Arlo app, click on the app to look at the details and after that it seems to recognize that I’m not running the latest version of the app and lets me upgrade.

ArloAlex
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @BillRin , I recommend checking the App Store app, and looking at your "Updates" section.

2.7.2 should be present in that Updates list for you now. If it is not there, please try this link from your iPhone or iPad to go directly to the app in the store : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/arlo/id925911312?mt=8

Dannybear
Master
Master
@ArloAlex,

iOS App v2.7.2 installed and library’s video playback selection is working correctly on iPhone 5s and iPad Air 2.
Thanks for your assistance.
BillRin
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, thank you all. I did get it by going to App Store  unfortunately, my preview screens are still black on my IPad Air 2 and it takes about 25 seconds to access library. Everything works fine in my IPhone 6. 

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@BillRin wrote:

Yes, thank you all. I did get it by going to App Store  unfortunately, my preview screens are still black on my IPad Air 2 and it takes about 25 seconds to access library. Everything works fine in my IPhone 6. 

I can confirm this did not fix the performance problem with the app, just the missing record and snapshot buttons on shared cameras.  My 11” iPad Pro takes 40 seconds to fully start up the app.  My wife’s iPad Air 2 takes closer to two minutes and has the black thumbnails as you said...plus frequent crashes.

PaulC25
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, it works for me. Thanks, Alex.

capswatcheye
Aspirant
Aspirant

This update appears to have corrected the problem for me too!

Thank you!

Discussion stats