Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

iOS App 2.6.0, 2.6.1 APP Flashes Incorrect Orange Battery Usage Icon

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Stephs_net
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi, I wanted to illustrate the glitch I get when I open my app since it has been upgraded now to 2.6.0 and then 2.6.1

When I open the app, it show an orange battery icon 1/3 drained by the 1st 2 cameras for about 10 seconds and then disappears.  On these 2 cameras right now I have 52%.  The little orange battery icon shows up even when these cameras are attached to the charger. 

Are others seeing this from the app?

I leave most of my cameras plugged in using Arlo Brand power adapters and I leave the batteries in to have battery back up in case the power goes out.  I am currently trouble shooting poor battery life on my non-pluged in cameras and one of the customer service techs told me I should not use the power adapter with the batteries in all the time.  Is there a problem doing this?

Thank you, 

Steph

initially when app is openedinitially when app is opened

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@Stephs_net wrote: one of the customer service techs told me I should not use the power adapter with the batteries in all the time.  Is there a problem doing this?

No, I believe that is incorrect.... the battery in the camera only charge to aprox 80% ( tho it reads 100% ) to eliminate any possible damege to cells if the charge is left on all the time.

Only the charge tube really charge to a true 100% charge... nice thing is if you use the tube to charge, the pack last 20% longer

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation