Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

even though I setup a zone, I’m STILL getting triggers

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Jhawk27
Guide
Guide

I have a problem. I just recently bought an AC adaptor and it has seemed to work flawlessly! The main reason I did this was for zones. I wanted to have a view of the street but not have a notification every time a car drove by! The problem is, is even though I setup a zone, I’m STILL getting triggers for cars in the street. Is this a bug?

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

If you stand outside the motion zone and wave your arms at the camera, does it still trigger? 

The biggest problem is that vehicles, especially large ones like trucks, reflect and scatter IR into the motion zone even if they themselves don't enter it. I guess you'll want to experiment with the size of the zone as well as the camera sensitivity to reduce false activations. I guess the good thing is you'll never run out of battery charge. PS. What AC adapter did you buy as I'm unclear if there is or isn't an official Arlo outdoor adapter/cable currently available

Jhawk27
Guide
Guide

I went with LANMU off of amazon. It’s a 16ft cable and works perfect! Thanks for the tip! It’s just annoying getting all of the alerts.. I guess you could say it works too well!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation