Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

changed email address but not seeing videos

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Dave-JN
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an existing email address and created a new one, using the process online.  But I can't figure out how to get the videos on the new email.  I still see videos on the old email.  This email will eventually go away and I need the access to be to the new email address.  Do I need to reset the hub?  

6 REPLIES 6
Dannybear
Master
Master
Just to clarify that you created a new account with your new email address correct?

If so you will have to remove all cameras and Base station from your old account before you can add them in to your new account, adding base device first then cameras.

For future reference you could have just changed your existing account email login instead.

https://kb.arlo.com/4118/How-can-I-change-my-Arlo-email-address

As you already have used the new email in a new account it will be unlikely you can use it to update the older account anymore.
Dannybear
Master
Master
Forgot to add that if you had changed the email address only for the account rather than creating a new account then you may need to reselect the new email address in the mode camera rules for notifications.
Dave-JN
Aspirant
Aspirant

To be honest, i don’t remember anymore.  One was used for netgear originally, and I had to use the other for Arlo.  Finally they let me use the original one for Arlo, but it states the email address is already used.  So I GUESS that means there are two separate account.

So you’re telling me I need to delete the cameras and base unit from my existing account, and then connect to my other email account.  I would guess I need to have access to the base unit to do that.  The reason I ask, is that I use it to monitor another place that is 600 miles away. 

Dannybear
Master
Master
Regards removing devices, It would be ideal to be onsite in case something needs resetting yes.

You could try deleting the newer arlo account you made (the one without devices) and then try changing the old arlo account (the one with devices) login email.
Deleting can be done in the arlo app under settings/privacy center/account.

Alternatively sign up an email account say from gmail.com and use that to change the current main login email.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dave-JN wrote:

To be honest, i don’t remember anymore.  One was used for netgear originally, and I had to use the other for Arlo.  Finally they let me use the original one for Arlo, but it states the email address is already used.  So I GUESS that means there are two separate account.

So you’re telling me I need to delete the cameras and base unit from my existing account, and then connect to my other email account.  I would guess I need to have access to the base unit to do that.  The reason I ask, is that I use it to monitor another place that is 600 miles away. 

If you have no cameras on one of the accounts, then you can simply delete it.  Just log into that account, and go into the privacy center in settings.  (You can do this either by browsing to my.arlo.com or in the app).

Once the old account is gone, you can change the email address of your other account to use its email address.

These processes can be done without on-site access.

Dave-JN
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your help.  I deleted the cameras and base from the old account and added to the new account.  I had to do it locally since all had to be synced with the app.  I haven’t deleted the old account just yet, but will do that eventually.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation