Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Your Camera Needs To Warm Up - Arlo Pro 2 At Temps Above 0

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
RickNY
Star
Star

We have 3 Arlo Pro cameras and 1 Arlo Pro 2 camera.. The outside temperature here is +2 F, and the temperature has not dropped below that.. I maintain a calibrated Davis weather station and weather website, and know my temperature readings to be accurate.  Despite this, my Arlo Pro 2 camera (and only the Pro 2) is complaining "Your camera needs to warm up" -- I thought this only occured at -4F or colder?  Maybe once every 10 years will the temperature drop below 0F, but temperatures between 0 and +10F do occur from time to time each winter.  Why is this one camera shutting off at 2F?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

the -4F is prob the designed settings, but with all electronics there are some variables in the components

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
BestBuyGuy
Apprentice
Apprentice

It's not an exact science. Anything in the 0 range + or - a few degrees is normal. Lithium's don't like the cold. If the camera was wired with the battery removed you wouldn't need a warm up period.

RickNY
Star
Star

Think its time for me to move on to regular PoE network cameras then.. The outside temperature has risen to 10 F -- that one camera is still out.  The other 3 Arlo Pro 1st gen cameras have been running continuously through the cold -- they use the same battery. Oh well.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation