Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 2 is not sending PN's or recording to library

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mmike87
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have recently purchased the Arlo Pro 2 3-pack at Costco ... this is the model without the siren or USB port on the hub. I installed all three cameras, and all are plugged in for power. I setup the Alexa skill, and the cameras all detect motion quickly and consistently, and Alexa annouces through the entire house that motion was detected.

BUT ... I almost never get push notifications on my phone, and most of the time, video doesn't record and show up in the library. This is very frustrating, and essentailly means this system is jumk if this is how it's going to operate. All camera have good connection strengths and are relatively close to the base station. I have re-started the base station. 

I am able to live-view every camera consistently. 

Any tips appreciated. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @mmike87

Have you tried to remove the cameras from Setting > My Devices > Re-Add them?

I have provided the customer support link below if that does not help with the issue you are experiencing.?

Arlo Tech Support

mmike87
Aspirant
Aspirant

So, I have to take down every camera to put it next to the base? I removed them, and the check for updates is failing ... and now I have no cameras at all. This is pretty silly to have to climb on the roof and remove a camera to re-sync it, and the check for firmware updates isn't working?

mmike87
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK, finally the firmware check worked, and I was, fortunately, able to re-add the cameras in place. At first, it seemed to fix the problem, but after posting one video of me on the front porch after adding the camera, that camera isn't posting any video or push notifications, again.  It is detecting motion, as Alexa announces the motion throughout the house.

mmike87
Aspirant
Aspirant

It seems that one of the cameras records all the time, the two others just when they feel like it, which is not often. When I left the house this morning, Alexa announced three times that motion was detected on the front porch. No push notification. No email. No recording. Just Alexa.

So, again - the camera is detecting motion very prompty ... and then doing nothing. Live feeds connect promptly, all camera have two or three signal bars (out of three) and appear to have good connectivity. 

The recordings are kind of the whole point in terms of security ... these things are nothing but toys without the recordings, and I have a Premier subscription. And, all cameras are on external power.

mmike87
Aspirant
Aspirant

One additional point ... manual snaps are copied to the library nearly instantly. So, this appears to me to be an issue with the notifications only. I am not sure what processes the notifications ... but the cameras definitely can talk to the library, and they are definitely all detecting motion.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation