Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Would like simple setting to change duration for inactivity to 15-30 secs instead of 10 secs

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rhoso
Follower
Follower

Almost every capture I get is cut IN HALF because the person/thing in motion stops for 10 seconds. For example, my dog runs outside to use the bathroom. Arlo picks up the motion, starts recording, but after the dog is standing there peeing for 10 seconds, the video stops recording and I completely miss the dog running back inside. Another example, on my garage cam, Arlo picks up me walking into my car. It takes 10 seconds for me to close the door, put my seatbelt on, switch into reverse, and start pulling out of the garage. Arlo stops seeing motion for 10 seconds and stops recording and completely misses me pulling out and closing the garage door.

These are just a few simple examples of how ~90% of my captures turn out. I'm always missing the latter half of the video. 10 seconds of inactivity is simply not enough. I would like a very simple setting to change the duration for inactivity to 15-30s, instead of 10s. This is different from setting a static amount of time for recordings. I don't want the same duration of videos every time, I still want inactivity to cause the recording to stop, but I want it to be a longer duration of inactivity.

Isn't that so simple? How is there not an option for that? I tried contacting customer support about this and it literally took an entire hour for the agent to even understand my dilemma, and then tell me there was no solution. Do you know of any other solutions to this, or is this feature already in the works? If there's no fix in sight and all of my captures continue to be chopped up or completely miss the second half of activity, then I'm going to return Arlo for a better system.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rhoso wrote:

I would like a very simple setting to change the duration for inactivity to 15-30s, instead of 10s. This is different from setting a static amount of time for recordings. I don't want the same duration of videos every time, I still want inactivity to cause the recording to stop, but I want it to be a longer duration of inactivity.

A variation would be to be able to set a minimum recording duration (along with record until motion stops).

I think an option using either approach would be useful.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation