Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Would be nice if notification was made when the internet goes down

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Grosey
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was woken at 1 AM by an Arlo message on my iPhone.

I was unable to log in to Arlo, as the internet connections at both at my workplace and my home (same ISP) was down.

When the internet came back up shortly after I was able to access Arlo again. Everything seemd fine, and the alarm log was empty.

I presume that this alarm was generated when the internet went down, even though on this forum there is advice that Arlo does not issue any notification when the internet goes down. If this is the case, it would be nice if the message could indicate that, to save one doing a lot of checking late at night.

3 REPLIES 3
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Grosey wrote:

I was woken at 1 AM by an Arlo message on my iPhone.

I was unable to log in to Arlo, as the internet connections at both at my workplace and my home (same ISP) was down.

When the internet came back up shortly after I was able to access Arlo again. Everything seemd fine, and the alarm log was empty.

I presume that this alarm was generated when the internet went down, even though on this forum there is advice that Arlo does not issue any notification when the internet goes down. If this is the case, it would be nice if the message could indicate that, to save one doing a lot of checking late at night.

I’m having trouble understanding this.  If you received an Arlo notification, your iPhone had an internet connection when that notification arrived.  You couldn’t login to Arlo even though you just received a notification.  The ISP serving your home and business was down...were you at either location or at a 3rd location?  What did the notification say?  Notifications usually indicated motion of some type or audio.  When you say “alarm” do you mean the notification?

Grosey
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got a pinging noise that woke me, and when I got up and looked at the screen of my iPhone there was a transient notification on the screen as usual about Arlo.

I’ve got Arlo enabled for notifications in my iPhone settings. So this would have come through my Optus 4G phone connection rather than my ISP iiNet.

I can’t remember the exact wording of the notification, and for some reason I can’t find it in the list of notifications on my phone.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Grosey wrote:

I got a pinging noise that woke me, and when I got up and looked at the screen of my iPhone there was a transient notification on the screen as usual about Arlo.

I’ve got Arlo enabled for notifications in my iPhone settings. So this would have come through my Optus 4G phone connection rather than my ISP iiNet.

I can’t remember the exact wording of the notification, and for some reason I can’t find it in the list of notifications on my phone.

Ok.  And for some reason you could not login to Arlo using that same 4G connection.  Seems like that should have been possible, but you still would not have been able to see the status of the cameras or alarm since those were offline.

I've never used the Arlo alarm, so I don’t know how that behaves.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation