Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

BretD
Arlo Employee Retired

Arlo Pro 2 1080p Wire-Free Security - Q&A and SweepstakesArlo Pro 2 1080p Wire-Free Security - Q&A and Sweepstakes

Submit your Arlo Pro 2 Question to enter to win an Arlo Pro 2 kit! – Please include “Arlo Pro 2” in your Subject and ask us in the form of a question.

Due to volume new questions have been disabled, please reply to this thread to enter the sweepstakes for the Arlo Pro 2.

*Update 10/25 - Entries for this are now closed. Stay tuned for our winner announcement.

*Update 11/21 - Congratulations to @Jammynick - Their name was chosen at random from all valid entries. Enjoy your Arlo Pro 2!

We know you have questions! It’s your chance to ask us anything about our newest Arlo - 1080p Arlo Pro 2 Security Camera!

Visit the Arlo Pro 2 details page to learn all about the Arlo Pro 2.

See the Arlo Pro 2 Questions already submitted. - We have disabled new topics. Reply to this thread to enter the sweepstakes.

-Good Luck - We look forward to answering your questions about Arlo Pro 2 1080p Security Camera!

Questions and entries end 10/24/2017

Official Sweepstakes Rules.

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.
266 REPLIES 266
Jonesi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Add me to the sweepstakes!

jgwinclt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I will search through the questions to see if mine got answered already.  Please enter me in the giveaway.

bobthegolfer
Aspirant
Aspirant

How many cameras can base station handle

Pumamarci
Aspirant
Aspirant
Does the Arlo Pro 2 measure ambient temperature, and can the user view the temperature on the app display?
Ericha
Initiate
Initiate

What is  the " 3 seconds look back" and why do you need it ?

Thank-you !

bobthegolfer
Aspirant
Aspirant

BATTERY LIFE IN AZ SUN

gsr1379
Aspirant
Aspirant

24/7 streaming avable? if so on what PC firestick Phone tablet, and how many can watch stream at same time?

Markusofmayhem
Aspirant
Aspirant

What size sd card is supported for storage?

jireid
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm considering using Arlo Pro 2 as my security system at home, but have a few questions:

1. I prefer to install them with a cable, and charge them constantly, can I do this outdoors? How long of a cable can I use?

2. How many cameras can I use with one base? What´s the highest HD capacity I can use?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Joe

jamesacoleman
Aspirant
Aspirant

what is the battery life of an Arlo Pro 2 camera

rdprosser
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please enter me in the giveaway. Thanks

domineex
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is the charger and batteries of Arlo Pro 2 compatible with Arlo Pro?

Renman
Aspirant
Aspirant
Does motion detection immediately push to mobile app?
bobthegolfer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Are you able to access SD card remotely?

julman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can the Arlo Pro 2 base station be administered via a browser, to perhaps create a strong security password? See log files, etc. I've often wondered how secure the Arlo wifi network is.

nwyrkr212
Initiate
Initiate

If you already have the Arlo Pro system and get the Arlo Pro 2 system, can you use the second base station act as a range extender for the camera's?

cjfurious
Aspirant
Aspirant
Please enter me in the drawing! I love my original Arlo’s. Excited for the next generation!
Warwulf
Aspirant
Aspirant
Does the Arlo 2 hub need to be connected to wired internet, or can I connect it wirelessly to my network?

If it needs wired internet, can I use a wireless adapter to connect the hub wirelessly?
proberts
Aspirant
Aspirant

What is the difference between the Arlo Pro and the Arlo Pro 2?  I have Arlo Pro cameras installed now.  Is it worth it to install Arlo Pro 2 cameras instead?

hecrews
Aspirant
Aspirant

will the base station accept USB 3 drives and when connected be able to store CVR footage at what rate?

Thanks!

Ffxjack
Initiate
Initiate

Entering sweepstakes 

BYU
Initiate
Initiate

Can Arlo Pro (software) be upgraded to Arlo Pro 2? Are their size the same? Hardware is different? Thanks!

JohnnyM62
Guide
Guide
If the advanced features are only available for indoor use and only when using power cord instead of battery powered, how does the system know it is indoors vs outdoors, even if I use a power cord for outsided?
JohnnyM62
Guide
Guide
One page said pro 2 offers continuous recording for free. Another page said pro 2, records 24/7 with upgrade. Which is correct? What upgrade? Subscription, free, or from version pro to pro 2?
JohnnyM62
Guide
Guide
The pro 2 offers 24/7 recording, when indoors and when using power cord. Is this for one, two, three, or all 4 cameras at the same time?