Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

BretD
Arlo Employee Retired

Arlo Pro 2 1080p Wire-Free Security - Q&A and SweepstakesArlo Pro 2 1080p Wire-Free Security - Q&A and Sweepstakes

Submit your Arlo Pro 2 Question to enter to win an Arlo Pro 2 kit! – Please include “Arlo Pro 2” in your Subject and ask us in the form of a question.

Due to volume new questions have been disabled, please reply to this thread to enter the sweepstakes for the Arlo Pro 2.

*Update 10/25 - Entries for this are now closed. Stay tuned for our winner announcement.

*Update 11/21 - Congratulations to @Jammynick - Their name was chosen at random from all valid entries. Enjoy your Arlo Pro 2!

We know you have questions! It’s your chance to ask us anything about our newest Arlo - 1080p Arlo Pro 2 Security Camera!

Visit the Arlo Pro 2 details page to learn all about the Arlo Pro 2.

See the Arlo Pro 2 Questions already submitted. - We have disabled new topics. Reply to this thread to enter the sweepstakes.

-Good Luck - We look forward to answering your questions about Arlo Pro 2 1080p Security Camera!

Questions and entries end 10/24/2017

Official Sweepstakes Rules.

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.
266 REPLIES 266
Chauhoangdu
Aspirant
Aspirant
Will arlo pro 2 work with apple homekit in some month ?
Doug63026
Aspirant
Aspirant

leaf001
Tutor
Tutor

Will the Arlo Pro have a software upgrade to give it the 3 second pre-record ability like in the Arlo Pro 2?

heavyj
Initiate
Initiate

Would be interested to know what cross compatability there is between arlo pro and arlo pro 2.  If I had an arlo pro 2 base station can i add arlo pro cameras?
I just purchased a 6 camera pack of arlo pro from amazon ~45 days ago - and amazon will allow me to return the entire system - but only the 2 camera system is shipping today from amazon (i have to go to best buy to get the 4 camera arlo pro 2)
Anyways - enter me to win 

wilsonusa
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m thinking about getting the Arlo Pro system. I have the original Arlo and my wife and I love it. I like the features of the the Pro, but what should I take into consideration on the Pro vs Pro2? Thank you for the help. #ArloPro2
Jknudsen06
Aspirant
Aspirant
With the new HD cameras... at what number x zoom before the picture becomes fuzzy? X8, x16 or more?
Toka2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was planning to purchase the 6 camera Arlo Pro Kit but saw this new one and I have few questions:

1. Will there be a 6 camera kit in the near future?

2. Will the new Arlo Pro 2 Base able to work with the original Arlo Pro camera (720P)?  I am considering getting the 4 camera kit (which is the only one available) and may add the older camera for the additional?

3. If I purchased the Arlo Pro Base, will I able to upgrade the firmware and use the new Arlo Pro 2 cameras?

Vinsuaz
Initiate
Initiate
I have the Arlo Pro. I know there is a slight delay of 3-5 seconds. Will the new a Arlo Pro 2 have a better delay time? I have two questions :). For the ring you are able to customize your geofence, are you able to have this feature now on the Arlo Pro 2? Love your product and thank you!
bworthen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will the Arlo Pro 2 Be able to connect with Control4? This is something I am waiting on for purchase. 

jcasani
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please enter me into the drawing

abgalassi
Guide
Guide

I'm with ya. When I saw the announcement I was almost physically ill. Too late to return.

Sytlistme
Guide
Guide

Hello from France bloger on IOT

When did you sell ArloPro2 in franace ?

HomeKit is on your roadmap (homepod is coming GOT)

Facial identification is possible with 1080 p (please santa)

I wrote an article to present ArloPro2 in France 

Rodolphe

Lorielliot
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is the Arlo Pro 2 compataible with the Arlo 100% wire-free HD Cam??

davekimcado
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you watch live stream on the new Arlo Pro 2 if it is not plugged in?   If no can it be plugged in outside?

natalyk159
Aspirant
Aspirant
Why did you get rid of the magnetic mount with the Arlo Pro 2? It worked perfectly to hide the Arlo Pro in my tree but we need 1080p 😞
skysigns
Apprentice
Apprentice

Currently Costco is selling arlo pro, does anyone know if they will sell the new arlo pro 2?

Hamo24
Aspirant
Aspirant

Im addicted to watching my cameras live!

Ive captured some wildlife at night, however the resolution makes it hard to identify the animal. 1080p would add enormous value.

Thanks for accepting my post to win a new Arlo Pro 2!

Df30
Aspirant
Aspirant
How many hours of video comes with the free plan? It says 7 days but is there a limit to how much video can be recorded?
wcjoker
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you explain the 3 second look back a little more?  It states when plugged in and used indoors.  Does it only work hard wired(plugged in)?  So a free standing Arlo 2 doesn't have that option? One of my gripes with the Arlo Pro was I always seemed to miss the first few seconds of movement because the camera was turning on to record so this feature sounds great but I just wanted to know more details.

MSLTX
Guide
Guide

Will Arlo Pro 2 let you live stream while it's recording?

Phred1953
Aspirant
Aspirant

just entering the contest but quick question, my internet is limited to 15 gigs and is usually gone by months end. will the camera system still function remotely?

Mavrrick
Luminary
Luminary

I wold love to add a Arlo Pro 2 kit to my current Arlo Q

vampyren
Guide
Guide
  1. Can Arlo Pro 2 be updated to support ONVIF?  (I really want FlexPower with Pro2 spec. )
  2. Price point of always recording is huge, 99$ for every single camera is to much, any idea if this can be reduced?
    1. Is the recording always on or just when movement is detected?
    2. How long does the battery last with this enabled?
  3. Has the connection time been reduced? With Pro it can take 10-20 sec to see live feed if i have not used it for a few hour.
  4. From the tech spec it looks like only camera is updated, is there anything else beside that.

I returned my Arlo Pro waiting for this to come to Sweden. Can you please let us know when we can expect it?

LPDJR
Aspirant
Aspirant

How can I upgrade to Arlo Pro 2?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Phred1953 wrote:

just entering the contest but quick question, my internet is limited to 15 gigs and is usually gone by months end. will the camera system still function remotely?

No. An Internet connection is required. If you have a USB drive connected to the base< recordings will still be made there but not to the cloud. You'd need to pull the drive to view videos on the computer.